Windows 10: Windows 10 activation and transfer licence

Discus and support Windows 10 activation and transfer licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I made huge rookie mistake, I deactivated windows 10 pro license on old laptop, and I don't know the product key. I have some key which I pulled out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sonix Ka, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Sonix Ka Win User

Windows 10 activation and transfer licence

I made huge rookie mistake, I deactivated windows 10 pro license on old laptop, and I don't know the product key. I have some key which I pulled out from showkeyplus, and when Im trying to activate windows 10 pro on new laptop, its shows some error. Is there any way I can my product key?

:)

Sonix Ka, Feb 16, 2020

2. How to activate Windows 10 licence? Is there a way to transfer the licence?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows by phone by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Also, refer the post by Rohit Siddegowda from the link provided below:

Do hardware changes affect my Windows 10 activation?

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro Licence entitlement

Hi, thank you, this is what I was looking for.

You do good work here, thank you.

Nicholas

You can transfer the license to another computer though:

• How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

btw: this Licence transfer I am trying to do is for my brother who is living in China and I am not sure what kind of Licence this is. So some history. I bought this PC along 4 others from a Recycling depot with the Windows 7 Pro Licences restuck with cellotape
      onto the sides of the cases. I activated all the Licences before the free Windows 10 upgrade ended and all upgraded ok.

The numbers on this Licence is 548048-001 and the licence is labelled HP.

So I am now guessing they are all activated a second time on the computers I bought.

So maybe they will not activate again for my brother.

Spwiggles88, Feb 16, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

windows 10 licencing and image backup??

It all depends on how you got your W10 and Microsoft really doesn't make it clear what you can and can't do.

Note that if you upgraded from a retail W7/8 then you can transfer the licence to new hardware. It might mean some faffing around though as it won't activate straight off.

qubit, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 activation and transfer licence - Similar Threads - activation transfer licence

2. Transferring hardware - windows licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring hardware - windows licence: Hello,I've recently set up a PC for a colleague where the windows licence is a digital licence for Windows that came with the PC presumably embedded onto the PC The box itself has developed a fault which means it keeps losing connection to wifi via a USB dongle - I've set up...
  3. Transferring hardware - windows licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring hardware - windows licence: Hello,I've recently set up a PC for a colleague where the windows licence is a digital licence for Windows that came with the PC presumably embedded onto the PC The box itself has developed a fault which means it keeps losing connection to wifi via a USB dongle - I've set up...
  4. Windows 10 licence and activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 licence and activation: Hi, I need to transfer Windows 10 licence from a person who left the company to my account, and further, I need to activate Windows. What are the steps to follow?...
  5. Transfer of Licence.

Transfer of Licence.: I had Windows 7 Home in my PC , now after formatting in April 2021, I am unable to activate the the same, Microsoft does not have any support for Win 7.Now I am thinking to Purchase Window 10 Home, but worried for the reason, if after some time my PC breakdown and I need to...
  6. Windows 10 Licence transfer

Windows 10 Licence transfer: Hi, I have a Windows 10 licence I purchased with my latpop. The licence sticker with code is on the bottom of the laptop. Can I transfer this licence to a new PC I will be buying?...
  7. licence transfer

licence transfer: Can i transfer my win 10 digital licence to a new self-build pc... how can i check if i can do that with my current licence? ive ordered a a new mobo, processor, ram, gfx, Hdd, SSD...
  8. Windows Digital licence transfer

Windows Digital licence transfer: Hi, hoping someone can help me. I have significantly upgraded my PC almost everything apart from BD and case! and have had to re-install Windows. The digital licence I had associated with the original PC will not install on my new PC and tells me it is invalid. From...
  9. Transfer windows 10 licence key

Transfer windows 10 licence key: Is this possible to Transfer windows 10 licence key from one account to another. If yes, please tell how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-licence-key/7cd0ba6c-470e-407c-86c2-c89a392dd6e6"
  10. Transfer of Windows 10 Licences

Transfer of Windows 10 Licences: I have recently scrapped three old PCs, all of which were running Windows 10 Pro and/or Home Editions. The licences were acquired under the free upgrade policy. Can any of these Windows 10 licences be transferred to another Windows 7 Pro machine? Is so, how can this be...