Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The PC has been playing up the last few weeks and I suspected a virus although Norton says there is not a virus, it means nothing. When I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bluebird819, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months

The PC has been playing up the last few weeks and I suspected a virus although Norton says there is not a virus, it means nothing.

When I went to reset my software today it says

Windows isn't activated as you do not have a valid license key error 0xC004F012

I haven't started rebuilding my PC yet but as I am worried i wont get it back. I had Windows 7 and it was upgraded to 10, probably around 18-21 months ago and it has been fine and activated.

Has anyone else had this? It was activated, this error is recent in the last week

Thanks

:)

Bluebird819, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Dec 19, 2018
  4. skippy258 Win User

Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months

1. Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months - Similar Threads - Activation broken months

2. Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months: Hi. I'm turning on my Win 10 Desktop PC for the first time for 18 months.It cannot be easily networked just at the moment but I need to log into it.I was expected a password which I know but am being asked for a PIN which I don't.Is there a way to reveal my PIN on another...
  3. Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months: Hi. I'm turning on my Win 10 Desktop PC for the first time for 18 months.It cannot be easily networked just at the moment but I need to log into it.I was expected a password which I know but am being asked for a PIN which I don't.Is there a way to reveal my PIN on another...
  4. Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. activation of FSX after 1 month

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation of FSX after 1 month: I have activated FSX last month and got the yes reply but now it says my free moth is up but wont tell me how to activate it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-fsx-after-1-month/d2927540-b252-4199-ba03-cfea44f21363
  6. Six Months On: My Review of Windows 10 BROKEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Six Months On: My Review of Windows 10 BROKEN: This is me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/is-there-any-time-table-on-a-coming-fix-for-the/ad983a68-7642-4f5e-aa56-df9bdc8a5fad?tm=1605565447443How lovely it has been this past six months, being forced to randomly hard reboot my...
  7. Windows 10 won't display emails older than 18 months?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't display emails older than 18 months?: I can't see any of my emails older than 18 months in my new Windows 10 laptop. Where did they go?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-display-emails-older-than-18/351ab847-455a-44f3-8bf3-89b9c6c8ed35
  8. Re-activation request after owning for 18 months

Re-activation request after owning for 18 months: I have been receiving a pop up screen stating I need to activate my Windows 10 Pro. I have had this product for over 18 months. I had Windows 8 but needed to upgrade my hard drive at which time I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. The problem is I am out of town for the next...
  9. windows 18:10 failed to activate.

windows 18:10 failed to activate.: I did a 18.10 clean install from a downloaded ISO, I did however re-partition the disks so that I could dual boot linux. Now it will not activate gets a xC004F050 error. W10 pro. I have to admit that I am starting to get frustrated with this upgrade crap. I have 5 W10...
  10. Windows won't activate after its been activated for months

Windows won't activate after its been activated for months: I'm receiving error code c004c003 when my desktop has previously been activated for months. Microsoft told me that this was a known issue affecting many many people. They said to wait 24-48 hours for it to be automatically fixed. I've waited, and now my desktop won't...