Windows 10: Windows 10 - Activation button missing

Discus and support Windows 10 - Activation button missing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good Day, I recently bought a Razer Pro 17 laptop which had Windows 10 Home pre-installed. Prior to that, I was running Windows 10 Pro Update bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TobiasTrinks, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Activation button missing

Good Day,

I recently bought a Razer Pro 17 laptop which had Windows 10 Home pre-installed. Prior to that, I was running Windows 10 Pro Update bought via the Microsoft online store on another laptop which had a total harddrive failure - I assume my Windows 10 Pro license would still be associated with that computer.

Now, I'm trying to update Windows 10 Home to Pro. I was in the online Microsoft chat and I got told I will have to do it via Settings/Update+Security/Activation. Apparently there should be an activation button and from there one should get to some troubleshoot menu. Unfortunately, my Windows does not show the activation button. I then got told to update my Windows using the Media Creation Tool. I just did that version is now 20H2, build 19042.572 but still no activation button. The account linked to Windows is the same account I bought the Windows 10 Pro Update with. I got told that this can also happen if some driver issues show up in the device manager but this is not the case.

Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to solve the issue so I was hoping that the community might have some advise.

Kind regards,

Tobias

:)

TobiasTrinks, Oct 25, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Activation button missing

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Activation button missing

1. Windows 10 - Activation button missing - Similar Threads - Activation button missing

2. Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons: I have tried:Erasing the registry item listed in some of these responses.Erasing all updates after the date in which the toolbar disappeared.I was going to try re installing Windows but when I tried to create a boot drive it wont let me because it says there are files missing...
  3. Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons: I have tried:Erasing the registry item listed in some of these responses.Erasing all updates after the date in which the toolbar disappeared.I was going to try re installing Windows but when I tried to create a boot drive it wont let me because it says there are files missing...
  4. Missing log in button in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing log in button in windows 10: Anyone who knows how to get past this problem. When I turned on my pc, it gets stuck on this blurred picture with no log in button to click. The only buttons present are the Wi-fi, ease of access and power button. I’ve already tried a number of fixes suggested but they did...
  5. Missing button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing button: Whenever I got to change my time It says would you like to let this control your device but I can't ever put yes because the button is not there. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-button/6cf8b0a5-3496-4918-92f7-d40cc5b7c3c1
  6. Check for updates button is missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Check for updates button is missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some users have reported that after they must have updated to a newer version of Windows 10, they find that the Windows Update section is missing from the Update & Security tab – and instead, the top item on the [...] This post Check for updates button is...
  7. Missing Windows 10 Update button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Windows 10 Update button: Under Settings/Windows Security and Update/Windows Update, there are multiple pending updates. Some are pending install, other pending download. Some have been sitting there since March of this year. There is NO check for updates button, and NO button to being the update...
  8. Windows 10 language indicator(button) missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 language indicator(button) missing: the language indicator on windows is missing, tested everything found on the internet but to no avail.... anything else i can do about it? [ATTACH] the fix i tested are 1: regedit - add ctfmon 2: Turn On or Off Input Indicator in Settings 3: Use the desktop language...
  9. switch user button missing windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    switch user button missing windows 10: switch user button missing windows 10 how do I fix this? windows key + L and ctrl alt delete do not fix this I have to log out before logging in to another account please fix....
  10. Windows 10 Photos missing buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos missing buttons: Windows 10 Photos "add music" window is missing DONE and CANCEL buttons. Impossible to add music. Anyone else has this bug?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/windows-10-photos-missing-buttons/fccbf418-e34c-4439-b56f-177e1d9d886e