Windows 10: windows 10 activation by using windows 7 product key

Discus and support windows 10 activation by using windows 7 product key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to activate windows 10 by using my windows 7 product key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amoljathar, Aug 7, 2020.

1. windows 10 activation by using windows 7 product key

I want to activate windows 10 by using my windows 7 product key.

:)

amoljathar, Aug 7, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 7, 2020
  3. ironwolf Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, Aug 7, 2020
  4. windows 10 activation by using windows 7 product key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Thank you, but I still want to know if I can do a clean installation of Windows with my new SSD whilst my old Windows is still installed on the other pc?

MichaelDFF, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 activation by using windows 7 product key

1. windows 10 activation by using windows 7 product key - Similar Threads - activation using product

2. Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key: A few months ago, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro while swapping the HDD for an SSD. In doing so, now my installation of Windows 10 is not activated. I stumbled upon a program called ProduKey and it helped me to find my Windows 7 Ultimate...
  3. Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key: A few months ago, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro while swapping the HDD for an SSD. In doing so, now my installation of Windows 10 is not activated. I stumbled upon a program called ProduKey and it helped me to find my Windows 7 Ultimate...
  4. Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activating Windows 10 using product key

Activating Windows 10 using product key: So I got windows 10 for my PC some time ago, but have only recently purchased a product key. Both are official not pirated. Upon opening the activation menu I get this messageI am connected to the internet through wifi yet this error will not go away. It also appears upon...
  6. Use Windows 7 Product Key to Activate Windows 10

Use Windows 7 Product Key to Activate Windows 10: Can a customer use a Retail Windows 7 product key to Activate modern versions of Windows 10? [Original Title: Assistance] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-windows-7-product-key-to-activate-windows-10/d4bdfb26-5386-47af-937c-b754871f443e
  7. Windows 7 product key to activate windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 product key to activate windows 10.: Can I use a Retail Windows 7 product key to Activate modern versions of Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-product-key-to-activate-windows-10/974b3f04-c14b-485d-a3b8-db5991df29c9
  8. Activating Windows 10 using Windows 7 product key

Activating Windows 10 using Windows 7 product key: Hi, we have a few computers which originally came with Windows 7 and OEM product keys. We have upgraded them to Windows 10 and some of these activated Windows automatically other needed product key entering, but we were able to activate all of these machines, originally...
  9. window 10 activate with window 7 product key

window 10 activate with window 7 product key: how can window 10 activate with window 7 product key.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-activate-with-window-7-product-key/06cd95f9-b779-4e3d-9e01-9aa76ca1dede
  10. Windows 7 product key to activate windows 10

Windows 7 product key to activate windows 10: Hi, Hoping someone can help me? I have a dell pc which came with Windows 7 Home Prem OA MEA pre installed it has a product key on the computer box. Recently my original hard drive crashed and I cant even get it to boot, so I had to install a new hard drive and thought since...