Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation - Computer won't access any activation tabs/windows

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation - Computer won't access any activation tabs/windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there! I tried to look up my issue online, but can't seem to find anyone else having the same problem as me - or, at least, a solution that I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by khen36, May 17, 2020.

1. khen36 Win User

Windows 10 Activation - Computer won't access any activation tabs/windows

Hi there!

I tried to look up my issue online, but can't seem to find anyone else having the same problem as me - or, at least, a solution that I'm actually able to do.

I started getting the "Activate Windows" watermark yesterday, after using my new laptop for about a month and a half now it's a Lenovo IdeaPad L340-17IRH Gaming laptop. Windows 10 came pre-installed.

When I go into settings, I see a link at the bottom stating "Windows isn't activated. Activate Windows now." When I click on it, the link turns from blue to gray but does absolutely nothing. Instead, it just freezes the window. So I try to go to the Update & Security section and click on the Activation tab from there - same problem where the window freezes. I tried to go on the Windows website and directly launch the Activation troubleshooter from there - it never loads beyond the initial wrench screen, and again goes frozen. I opened up Task Manager and the Settings window was only using Memory, but 0% of anything else CPU, Disk, Network. Not sure if that's pertinent.

Of note - my File Explorer is also completely broken now, too. When I open it, it's just frozen on blank white, and I can't click the X to close it either. This did not start happening until the watermark started appearing yesterday.

I have not made any hardware changes to my computer, nor did I download anything around the same time as the "Activate Windows" started to appear. The most outside-fiddling I've done in the last few days is plug in my charger, plug in my headphones, and charge my headphones via USB. Doubt that's what caused this, but might as well mention.

Since the troubleshooter won't even load up, I unfortunately don't have any error code to go off of here to help me figure out what's wrong. Then again, I'm not SUPER tech-savvy so I might be missing something.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks so much yall.

:)

khen36, May 17, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, May 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, May 17, 2020
  4. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Activation - Computer won't access any activation tabs/windows - Similar Threads - Activation Computer won't

2. Windows 10 won't activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't activate: From what I can piece together, I had Windows 8 that I upgraded to Windows 10 ages ago. At some point, I must have done something to attach it to my Live account because before I rebuilt my PC, Windows Activation said I didn't have a product key and instead had a digital...
  3. Windows 10 won't activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't activate: From what I can piece together, I had Windows 8 that I upgraded to Windows 10 ages ago. At some point, I must have done something to attach it to my Live account because before I rebuilt my PC, Windows Activation said I didn't have a product key and instead had a digital...
  4. Windows 10 won't activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Won't Activate

Windows 10 Won't Activate: Hello I have an old laptop with Windows 10 Home Single Language. It turns out my Windows is not genuine. The shop that sold me the laptop is out of business. Help!...
  6. Windows 10 won't activate

Windows 10 won't activate: I bought a refurb HP AIO desktop for my granddaughter. When it was booted up, it said Windows needed to be activated. The key from the sticker on the chassis is invalid. At first, the message was it was not a valid key for Win10 Home, and is a Pro key. We tried doing the...
  7. Windows 10 won't activate

Windows 10 won't activate: I just got a new motherboard in the mail and swapped it out for my old one. Now when I boot up my PC it tells me I need to activate windows in the bottom corner. I bought a prebuilt PC from BestBuy with windows 10 already installed (not upgrade to) and never needed nor never...
  8. Windows 10 won't activate.

Windows 10 won't activate.: When I go to activation it says I currently have Windows 10 Pro, I purchased multiple parts for a computer and built it myself, then I purchased windows 10 home and it won't allow me to activate it due to the previous version not being activated, Error code: 0x803F7001 I...
  9. Windows 10 pro won't activate on new computer

Windows 10 pro won't activate on new computer: So yesterday for my birthday, I got a new computer. An Intel NUC8i5BEK. I installed Windows 10 pro from a USB stick I made from the Microsoft website. After installation it says I am not activated. So I run the troubleshooter and it says it can't find a digital license for...
  10. Windows 10 won't activate

Windows 10 won't activate: Hello, I bought a PC 5 years ago with windows 8.1 pre installed which I upgraded later to windows 10 for free. Now my motherboard was causing me issues so i changed the motherboard and am trying to re-activate windows without success. I did some research and have a picture...