Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation confusion

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation confusion in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop which it used to have Windows 8.1, I reset this laptop but I lost my Windows 8.1 License Key, so, I wanted to install Windows 10, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Andres Rojano, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Activation confusion

I have a laptop which it used to have Windows 8.1, I reset this laptop but I lost my Windows 8.1 License Key, so, I wanted to install Windows 10, I used the media creation tool to make a usb boot drive, I used it on my laptop and it worked, I did the usual setup for windows 10, and unexpectedly I have Windows 10 activated on my laptop.

(I used the media creation tool on another pc, but I selected to create a bootable drive for another pc)

For this other pc, I bought windows 10.

Am I sharing the license somehow? I have the same account on both of my device. Will I lose the license at some point? Can I decide where to keep the license if this does happen?

:)

Andres Rojano, Oct 13, 2019
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 Activation confusion [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 13, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Activation confusion

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation confusion

1. Windows 10 Activation confusion - Similar Threads - Activation confusion

2. Need help to activate AirPods in Sounds Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help to activate AirPods in Sounds Settings: Hi, I just bought a Bluetooth USB dongle to connect my AirPods (2nd Gen.) to my desktop PC. After some tries, I succeeded in the first step, which is to connect the said AirPods. But, I can't chose those in the sound option, because they aren't activated in the Sounds...
  3. Windows Activation from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation from Home to Pro: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro. When I enter my producy keyorignal and valid ,instead of starting the upgrade process it simply activates my previously activated Windows Home. So how do I fix this and upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro using product...
  4. Windows 10 Pro ex Win 7 Activation after Motherboard Change

Windows 10 Pro ex Win 7 Activation after Motherboard Change: Hi I cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after motherboard change. PC is HP Pavilion PC originally with Windows 7 Home Premium OA India with Product Key available on the Pack. Later I had opted for automatic upgrade to Windows 10 and unfortunately I do not remember whether or...
  5. Windows activation

Windows activation: I upgraded my laptop from windows 7 home basic to 10 home. Now my hard drive crashed. I don't remember the product key and my license was also not linked with the microsoft account. Will it activate on its own on the new hard drive installed on the same laptop. It was an oem...
  6. Windows 10 activation confusion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 activation confusion: I’m getting a new PC in a few days. It doesn’t have an activated copy of windows though. My laptop, however, does. This isn’t a laptop that was upgraded to Windows 10, I got it and it came with Windows 10. Can I transfer that copy of Windows over to my new PC? submitted by...
  7. Confused about "Activation" of Pre-Installed Windows 10 Pro

Confused about "Activation" of Pre-Installed Windows 10 Pro: I have a new laptop pre-loaded with Windows 10 Pro (and other software). I want to perform various housekeeping steps (pristine image backup, recovery USB key creation, security software installation, etc.) before connecting to the Internet for security reasons. (No domain...
  8. Windows 10 activation confusion

Windows 10 activation confusion: Hello, so i've had until now (2 hours ago) a fully activated windows 10 pro, with the activation message : windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account Now, i've done a command or two, and apperantly ive messed up the entire thing, now it's...
  9. Activation Confusion

Activation Confusion: Hi All, I know there are many threads about the activation system but I was just wondering if I done it correctly. I downloaded the media creation tool selected upgrade and it upgraded my PC from W8.1 > W10 and the product got activated. I then used the media...
  10. confusion over activation

confusion over activation: Hello, I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. I made the ISO and did a fresh install about a week later. Microsoft activated the Fresh Install without issue. My Hard Drive crashed. I am installing a new hard drive and wish to do a fresh install. Will this activate, or...