Windows 10: Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard

Discus and support Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I bought Windows 10 Pro N don't ask or encourage me to upgrade to windows 11 okay? in Sept 2021 legitimately and Windows activation was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PeterS134, Dec 5, 2022.

1. PeterS134 Win User

Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard

Hello,I bought Windows 10 Pro N don't ask or encourage me to upgrade to windows 11 okay? in Sept 2021 legitimately and Windows activation was successfully logged. I checked my microsoft account and it confirmed my windows 10 and it even shows me that I got digital license.Fast forward to Dec 2022, my mobo motherboard was broken so unfortunately I can't find the same motherboard due to its age. So I got newer mobo to replace it. All other hardware are the same as before, just new motheboard.However, the windows activation was broken as it kept saying that I need to activate it again and It

:)

PeterS134, Dec 5, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 5, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 5, 2022
  4. Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard

Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard

1. Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard - Similar Threads - activation doesn't hardware

2. Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard: Hello,I bought Windows 10 Pro N don't ask or encourage me to upgrade to windows 11 okay? in Sept 2021 legitimately and Windows activation was successfully logged. I checked my microsoft account and it confirmed my windows 10 and it even shows me that I got digital...
  3. Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard: Hello,I bought Windows 10 Pro N don't ask or encourage me to upgrade to windows 11 okay? in Sept 2021 legitimately and Windows activation was successfully logged. I checked my microsoft account and it confirmed my windows 10 and it even shows me that I got digital...
  4. Windows 10 activation key doesn't work after hardware change, troubleshooter doesn't fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 activation key doesn't work after hardware change, troubleshooter doesn't fix it.: I followed all the steps after getting a hardware change changing motherboard etc. The message to activate windows popped up, I already have my Windows 10 license key and it says it's invalid. Running the troubleshooter doesn't work. I need help activating my legitimate copy...
  5. Windows 10 activation key doesn't work after hardware change, troubleshooter doesn't fix it.

Windows 10 activation key doesn't work after hardware change, troubleshooter doesn't fix it.: I followed all the steps after getting a hardware change changing motherboard etc. The message to activate windows popped up, I already have my Windows 10 license key and it says it's invalid. Running the troubleshooter doesn't work. I need help activating my legitimate copy...
  6. Windows 10 activation key doesn't work after hardware change, troubleshooter doesn't fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 activation after hardware change not working

Windows 10 activation after hardware change not working: I am trying to migrate my windows 10 license retail windows 7 that was upgraded for free to my new hardware. I have done this once before and now I am getting this error: "We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has already been used...
  8. Activating Windows after Hardware Change when the Troubleshooter Doesn't Work

Activating Windows after Hardware Change when the Troubleshooter Doesn't Work: I recently upgraded my motherboard and processor. I made sure that my Windows 10 Pro license was properly linked to my microsoft account the text under 'Accounts' in setting read "windows is activated with digital license linked to your microsoft account", but I can't get...
  9. Activation after hardware change Motherboard + hard drive

Activation after hardware change Motherboard + hard drive: Trying to Activate windows 10 after motherboard and hard drive change Kept getting “unable to activate message” after trying several times. So, went into my Microsoft account and found I had 2 computers listed i.e. my old motherboards and my new motherboard so seeing that...
  10. Activate Windows 10 after hardware change (Motherboard)

Activate Windows 10 after hardware change (Motherboard): Hi there, I have recently changed my motherboard after damaging the old one in an installation. It is the same model (msi h16m - p31/w8) and everything is now working fine. However, after loading up the PC, there was a message in the bottom corner telling me to activate...