Windows 10: Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050 after changing motherboard: "We can’t reactivate...

Discus and support Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050 after changing motherboard: "We can’t reactivate... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just upgraded my pc (including changing the motherboard). When I follow the instructions for reactivating window it says to follow the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Olian04, May 23, 2019.

1. Olian04 Win User

Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050 after changing motherboard: "We can’t reactivate...

I just upgraded my pc (including changing the motherboard).

When I follow the instructions for reactivating window it says to follow the "Troubleshooting" steps.

So i click "Troubleshoot", then "I recently changed hardware on this device", then i select the desktop machine that I'm on (the only registered desktop) and check "This is the device that I'm using at the moment" and click Activate. Which throws:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

Learn more

You can also activate this device by going to the Store and purchasing a genuine copy of Windows.

Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050 after changing motherboard: "We can’t reactivate... Store.24.png
    Go to Store

Why is this happening? How do i actually ACTIVATE windows when the official guide ends with none-descriptive errors?

:)

Olian04, May 23, 2019

2. win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, May 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 activation error 0xC004F050

Hello,

I installed Windows 10 pro x64 build/version 1809 on my machine but have activation issue with error code: 0xC004F050.

we are domain users. when i put my PC to domain did not get license. what is problem?
    Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050 after changing motherboard: "We can’t reactivate... [​IMG]

p.s. Sorry if i am posting wrong place.

DaoTeChing, May 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050 after changing motherboard: "We can’t reactivate...

Windows 10 Pro Reactivation on Daily Basis

I have a problem with my PC requiring reactivation on a daily basis. The activation error is 0xC004F050 which suggests that I have changed the motherboard but that is not the case. I can reactivate the Windows 10 Pro account with the Troubleshooter or
    by re-entering the Product Key or by using the online activation, etc., but the activation error returns the next day. I purchased an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro 64 last May 2018 for a new home built PC and it worked fine until about a month ago. I updated
    the motherboard BIOS and some drivers and the Intel Management Engine but have not changed any hardware except for swapping monitors. I prefer not to reinstall Windows if I don't have to.

What can I do to fix this daily reactivation routine?

DonRoberts2, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050 after changing motherboard: "We can’t reactivate...

1. Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050 after changing motherboard: "We can’t reactivate... - Similar Threads - activation error 0xc004f050

2. Windows 10 activates error 0xc004f050

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activates error 0xc004f050: I have a Lenovo computer with "Windows 10 Home Single Language" enabled, today I activated it with the key to 'Windows 10 Professional' but it shows this error 0xc004f050, everyone who helps me, everything Every effort to rips is appreciated, thank you all. [IMG][IMG]...
  3. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro N after a hardware change. "We can’t reactivate Windows on this...

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro N after a hardware change. "We can’t reactivate Windows on this...: Recently changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM and reinstalled windows onto my ssd. After doing so I couldn't activate windows using the troubleshooter and selecting "I recently changed hardware on this device". I contacted support but they said I needed my window 7 license key...
  4. Reactivating Windows 10 After Changing Motherboards

Reactivating Windows 10 After Changing Motherboards: Several years ago I purchased a Windows 7 Ultimate Key that I no longer have. A year or so ago I upgraded this computer to Windows 10. I recently purchased a new motherboard. Before I went to install and swap my hardware over I was worried about not having the key anymore, so...
  5. Reactivating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

Reactivating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change: Hello, So last night I replaced the motherboard and CPU in my computer and I made sure to watch many videos on reactivating Windows 10 on your PC after a motherboard change. So, after watching those videos I linked my Microsoft account to my product key. I was really tired...
  6. Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050

Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050: I built a new PC, trying to activate my Windows 10 that I bought off the Microsoft web store in Feb.2019. I am given "Error 0xc004f050", and seems to be no way to fix it. Spent over an hour on the phone with 2 people on the other side of the world that I couldn't...
  7. Windows 10 activation error 0xC004F050

Windows 10 activation error 0xC004F050: I bought an upgrade licence for Windows 10 Pro and installed from the online download, but now it tells me the windows isn't activated and shows this error code. I don't have key as its a download so how do I get the copy activated or give me my money back....
  8. Windows 10 activation error 0xC004F050

Windows 10 activation error 0xC004F050: Hello, I installed Windows 10 pro x64 build/version 1809 on my machine but have activation issue with error code: 0xC004F050. we are domain users. when i put my PC to domain did not get license. what is problem? [img] p.s. Sorry if i am posting wrong place. 123042
  9. Windows 10 activation error 0xC004F050

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 activation error 0xC004F050: Hello, I installed Windows 10 pro x64 build/version 1809 on my machine but have activation issue with error code: 0xC004F050. we are domain users. when i put my PC to domain did not get license. what is problem? [img] p.s. Sorry if i am posting wrong place. 123041
  10. Reactivating Windows 10 after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating Windows 10 after motherboard change: I had a working computer with a fully paid Windows 10 Pro installed and it worked fine until the motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard only and windows started up immediately. I was then informed that the existing windows 10 had to be activated again. I do not know how...
Tags: