Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation error after complete format HDD

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation error after complete format HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Few year ago I had purchased a new laptop having Windows10 Home installed in it. Used it for a year after that it stopped responding due to too many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BINDMUKESH, Jul 12, 2018.

1. BINDMUKESH Win User

Windows 10 Activation error after complete format HDD

Few year ago I had purchased a new laptop having Windows10 Home installed in it. Used it for a year after that it stopped responding due to too many errors then 2,3 times I did complete format at the interval of 3,4 months but now I am not able to activate my windows. Tried Microsoft log-in and Activation > Troubleshooting option. Nothing worked.

:)

BINDMUKESH, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Flow Win User

Windows 10 formatting ?

We upgraded windows 7 to 10. Many crashes and errors after that. So a format and clean install of windows 10. Activated automatically. Zero issues and no more crashes etc etc.
    So I'm inclined to say to just go for it. And if a problem, then use your windows 7 key.

3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

• Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    • Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    • You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    • Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    • Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Duyenhip Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Activation error after complete format HDD - Similar Threads - Activation error complete

2. Windows 10 will not "Quick Format" a 3TB HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not "Quick Format" a 3TB HDD: I moved a 3TB HDD from a Windows 7 Pro computer to my new Windows 10 Pro computer. Rather than delete all the data, I thought it would be quicker to just do a Quick Format. I was wrong. Disk Management just sat there doing nothing for over 45 minutes. I deleted all...
  3. Windows 10 activation problem after a format

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation problem after a format: Hello, I own a Lenovo Legion Y520 and a while back I decided to use it as a work laptop at the office. That long story short meant it had to be formatted and an enterprise version of Windows 10 was installed to it. A month ago, I stopped working for the company I was using...
  4. Windows was unable to complete the format

Windows was unable to complete the format: Hi, I have a "Windows 10 pro" on a "Lenovo ideapad 310" I am trying to format a DVD that I am using for the first time but I keep getting the message "Windows was unable to complete the format" and I've used several DVDs and I keep getting the same message. Any help?...
  5. How to activate windows 10 after resetting completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to activate windows 10 after resetting completely: I was having genuine windows 10 from the manufacturer the windows file got corrupted so I installed new windows 10 using live usb but now the windows is showing it is not activated . Please help me how to resolve this problem....
  6. Complete Format Laptop

Complete Format Laptop: I have loaded windows fresh yesterday with the help of MS Technical support but still user id and password is being asked. How to completely format it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/complete-format-laptop/874d451d-4c06-4304-8cb9-568686c94205
  7. HDD Format result

HDD Format result: Last week I/we replaced an old 2.5 inch SATA HDD (500gb) with a Samsung 850 EVO, also 500gb. Laptop and all installed items are company supplied and company owned. Instruction memo from IT Dept. suggested using the removed HDD as a portable HDD by enclosing same in a SATA...
  8. Windows unable to complete format

Windows unable to complete format: First of all, the drive on my laptop is DVD RW drive. I can use a CD RW disk in it, can't I? I put a new CD RW disk in and a window popped up asking me if I wanted to format and giving me two options. I didn't think I had to format a new disk. Anyway, I chose the option...
  9. Format complete hard drive

Format complete hard drive: I have a hard drive with an older windows 10 version and some other partitions. I want to totally reformat the drive and reinstall windows 10. The Device Manager will list only the partitions and not the complete drive. Do I have to format it from a dvd or another hard drive...
  10. Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed

Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed: I just went from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 --- very cool. My hard drive is clogged with a lot of old stuff; I want to reformat the drive. Question: how do I get a recovery / boot format for my new Win 10 installation? Thank you for the suggestions 43847