Windows 10: Windows 10 activation fails after upgrading from home to professional

Discus and support Windows 10 activation fails after upgrading from home to professional in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had a Windows 10 home edistion on my laptop with the product key. Few days ago I have purchased an upgrad to Windows 10 professional through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AmirNajafzadeh, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation fails after upgrading from home to professional

Hi,

I had a Windows 10 home edistion on my laptop with the product key. Few days ago I have purchased an upgrad to Windows 10 professional through microsoft.

Now I cannot activate it neither using the old product key (error code: 0xc004f050) nor when I use troubleshooting.

P.s. Another weird thing, in activation setting window, it shows my edition is enterprise even though I purchased windows professional.

:)

AmirNajafzadeh, Sep 29, 2019
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 activation fails after upgrading from home to professional [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Sep 29, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 activation fails after upgrading from home to professional

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation fails after upgrading from home to professional

1. Windows 10 activation fails after upgrading from home to professional - Similar Threads - activation fails upgrading

2. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure: Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which I do not have anymore. Since upgrading to windows 10 professional, the OS has failed to activate. I've tried using the I've...
  3. Upgrade From Windows 10 Home To Windows 10 Professional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade From Windows 10 Home To Windows 10 Professional: Hi, I've recently bought a Lenovo S340 laptop, with Windows 10 Home OS preinstalled. I am planning to upgrade the existing Windows 10 Home Edition to the Professional Edition. Can I perform the upgrade WITHOUT buying/purchasing the Upgrade Key e.g. Using Windows 10 Media...
  4. How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to professional

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to professional: How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to professional, I have tried everything but unable to do so, I want to directly update my laptop's windows 10 home to professional without any data loss. Specs i7 8th gen, 16 GB ram....
  5. Activation failed after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation failed after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hello! I`ve just upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Pro edition via Microsoft Store, and after a restart Windows tells me that there is a problem with activation, error 0xC004F025. But I didn`t receive any new product key in my order confirmation email, and old key for Windows...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional: I am trying to download a digital signature certificate but I keep getting an error message that I need to install a cryptographic service provider. My question is will upgrading to Windows 10 Professional correct this error and allow me to download the certificate....
  7. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional: I recently purchased a refurbished cpu with Windows 10 Home installed. Wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional. Put in product key but it didnt work. Now the computer is saying Windows is not activated....
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional: Hi, I bought a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home as the OS. Later I bought an Upgrade from Microsoft online and it worked well. Last night, somehow, my OS crashed and I had to download the original OS (Home Edition) from Dell OS Recovery Tool. Before installing the OS...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro product key from one Dell machine and have another Dell PC which has Windows 10 home installed. The Windows Home is a digital license. I upgraded it from Windows 7 when Win 10 was a free upgrade. I tried to activated the Win 10 Pro key on the...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 Professional from Home error

Upgrade to Windows 10 Professional from Home error: Hello, I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home Single Language. I purchased a new Windows 10 Professional Product Key to upgrade it. I followed the steps to change product key, but still i can't upgrade my edition of windows. Please help me. Thanks in...