Windows 10: Windows 10 activation following reintsall

Discus and support Windows 10 activation following reintsall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was away for 4 months on holiday and when back had a few minor issues with the pc, so I rebooted. It seems Microsoft updated loads of stuff and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by stressedsteve, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation following reintsall

I was away for 4 months on holiday and when back had a few minor issues with the pc, so I rebooted. It seems Microsoft updated loads of stuff and the pc would boot but could not log into any of the 5 accounts. So I have reinstalled windows and rebuilding. Unfortunately I cannot activate windows 10 pro. the trouble shooter fails and says I have no internet or other odd problems. The original licence was a win7 free update.

However if I try the vk7jg...….. licence, or one of the 2 other genuine ones for new install it states they are invalid. I assume as it still sees the old licence key.

I get various errors. Short of rebuilding again from scratch is there anything I can do. I did speak to Microsoft a week or 2 ago and they suggested download the Win10 ISO to usb and rebuild a new pc (on a separate disk). The support person was online and seemed to have activated that one. Cant seem to speak to anybody from Microsoft now.

If I try the troubleshooter it say either not online or try again later! the error message seems to indicate that it thinks an Xbox is talking to it, so I have unplagged that at present.

Any ideas

:)

stressedsteve, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2019
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 activation following reintsall [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jun 5, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 activation following reintsall

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation following reintsall

1. Windows 10 activation following reintsall - Similar Threads - activation following reintsall

2. Outdated driver keeps getting reintsalled - Causing Crashes AMD Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outdated driver keeps getting reintsalled - Causing Crashes AMD Windows 10: I recently rebuilt my PC. It worked fine for a few months but now i'm running into multiple BSOD errors. I believe it is being caused because of this driver.The 6700 XT Driver is my new graphics card and I believe the AMD RadeonTM Graphics driver is my old driverI've tried...
  3. Mouse pointer following active window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer following active window: I'm using windows 10 pro and I like to use the option to activate a window by hovering with the mouse in the ease of access. The problem I'm having, that I didn't use to have in my former computer, is that when I close a window, the mouse moves to the last active window. It...
  4. Mouse pointer following active window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer following active window: I'm using windows 10 pro and I like to use the option to activate a window by hovering with the mouse in the ease of access. The problem I'm having, that I didn't use to have in my former computer, is that when I close a window, the mouse moves to the last active window. It...
  5. WINDOWS 10 LICENSE PROBLEM FOLLOWING EARLY ACTIVATION BY CLIENT

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 LICENSE PROBLEM FOLLOWING EARLY ACTIVATION BY CLIENT: PLEASE , i have an urgent problem with activation , i bought my built gaming pc with preinstalled windows 10 pro licensed running fine 6 or more months after the activation got declined for no reason and i was prompted for activation, so i contacted support ,used help ,and...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade

Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade: I recently upgraded my Motherboard on my PC. Following this upgrade I have been unable to activate Windows 10 Pro again on my device. I reached out to support and they were not able to get the key to work, telling me that it may be tied to my old motherboard. I was told...
  7. Activation following hardware change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation following hardware change.: I changed the motherboard in one of my desktops and am having hangups with re-activation. The original install was confirmed as digitally activated prior to MB changeout. A problem was encountered following changeout in that the SSD containing the original Win 10...
  8. Windows 10 activation following reset

Windows 10 activation following reset: I have a laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10 upon it's release from Windows 8.1. Since then it's become very slow and refused to install the latest Windows update. As a result I reset my laptop, keeping my documents. Upon starting up again, I'm being told that Windows 10...
  9. reintsall windows 10 HOME SL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reintsall windows 10 HOME SL: my pc had a preinstalled windows 10 home single language edition but recently installed windows 10 pro. I want to reinstall window 10 home single language edition. where i can get windows 10 SL edition. also windows media creation tool have only 2 edition windows 10 pro and...
  10. Windows is not activated following "reset this pc"

Windows is not activated following "reset this pc": Hi, Last month I purchased a new laptop. This came pre-installed with Windows 10. Over the last month I have had many BSOD issues! As part of the on going diagnosis I decided to click the "Reset this PC" option along with "keep my files". The process completed with no...