Windows 10: Windows 10 activation following reset

Discus and support Windows 10 activation following reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10 upon it's release from Windows 8.1. Since then it's become very slow and refused to install the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Frustratedxx, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation following reset

I have a laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10 upon it's release from Windows 8.1. Since then it's become very slow and refused to install the latest Windows update. As a result I reset my laptop, keeping my documents. Upon starting up again, I'm being told that Windows 10 can't be activated and that I need to buy another copy of Windows 10. Any help?

:)

Frustratedxx, Jan 29, 2019

2. Windows is not activated following "reset this pc"

My latest rebuild was done using:
    • Reset this PC.
    • Don't keep files.

I now see the conflicting output as show in post #16.

Also I have a watermark on my desktop. Is this normal?

Windows 10 activation following reset [​IMG]

the5krunner, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Windows 10 activation following reset

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 activation following reset [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation following reset

1. Windows 10 activation following reset - Similar Threads - activation following reset

2. Mouse pointer following active window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer following active window: I'm using windows 10 pro and I like to use the option to activate a window by hovering with the mouse in the ease of access. The problem I'm having, that I didn't use to have in my former computer, is that when I close a window, the mouse moves to the last active window. It...
  3. Disk Space Status following Windows 10 Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Space Status following Windows 10 Reset: I am resetting an old PC that I plan to donate, sell or give away. I am using the Windows 10 "Reset this PC" feature with the options "remove apps and files", "clean the drive" and "download and reinstall Windows" (cloud download). Will this procedure adequately erase all...
  4. Reset windows 10 and windows is not activated

Reset windows 10 and windows is not activated: I reset my surface pro and when i check windows if is active its say is not active my microsoft account is on? I wrote in windowsreports that maybe microsoft want a few days to activate my windows is that true if not what i can do to reactivate it ?...
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade: I recently upgraded my Motherboard on my PC. Following this upgrade I have been unable to activate Windows 10 Pro again on my device. I reached out to support and they were not able to get the key to work, telling me that it may be tied to my old motherboard. I was told...
  6. Windows 10 activation following reintsall

Windows 10 activation following reintsall: I was away for 4 months on holiday and when back had a few minor issues with the pc, so I rebooted. It seems Microsoft updated loads of stuff and the pc would boot but could not log into any of the 5 accounts. So I have reinstalled windows and rebuilding. Unfortunately I...
  7. Windows 10 won't reboot following machine reset

Windows 10 won't reboot following machine reset: Hi, Following my Father-in-Law's death I have tried to reset his laptop so I can pass it on. However, it now reboots to a blue page with location, keyboard and time zone options and then a blue restart page with connecting to internet to download missing files, and keeps...
  8. Windows 10 Reset Following crash - Wouldn't reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Reset Following crash - Wouldn't reboot: This morning, I was working and then my Laptop crashed, full on dead. When i finally got it to reboot, i kept getting error messages after it was trying to Diagnose the system and my options were to keep restarting (which I did about 10 times) and getting the same error...
  9. Windows is not activated following "reset this pc"

Windows is not activated following "reset this pc": Hi, Last month I purchased a new laptop. This came pre-installed with Windows 10. Over the last month I have had many BSOD issues! As part of the on going diagnosis I decided to click the "Reset this PC" option along with "keep my files". The process completed with no...
  10. Resetting and Activation with Windows 10

Resetting and Activation with Windows 10: I have a PC running Windows 10 Insider Preview (the current or last build) I would like to give it to my sister and reset to the regular Windows 10, non preview version so I have a couple of questions: When resetting will it reset to the same Insider Preview build it is...