Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation / format and hardware change

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation / format and hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I have recently upgraded my hardware, formatted my primary SSD and completed a fresh windows 10 install via the media creation tool. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TravisGO, Dec 12, 2018.

1. TravisGO Win User

Windows 10 Activation / format and hardware change

Hello I have recently upgraded my hardware, formatted my primary SSD and completed a fresh windows 10 install via the media creation tool.

I was previously using windows 10 with an activated copy that I thought was linked to my Microsoft account.

After reinstalling and failing activation, I reinput my product key, which I am 100% certain is correct and has been typed correctly as it was used to install windows 10 in the past. I only have it written down and was advised that they key would be linked to my Microsoft account so assumed the digital copy would alleviate any issues.

The key I am using from was when I updated windows 7 to windows 10 around 2016

None of the activation settings in windows are amending the issue and I am lost with how to go further. eg. Trouble shoot, Activate after changed hardware, try and fix the issue etc.

I have a few error codes and have updated windows 10 to the latest version 1809. Build 17763.194

When entering my product key, (0x80041023)

Activation error 0xC004F050

and then one saying that I have no product key 0xC004F213

I am lost with what to do now and would appreciate if you could help activate windows 10 for me.

:)

TravisGO, Dec 12, 2018
  2. EarthDog Win User

Windows 10 formatting ?

Why upgrade to 10, format and, install? Why not go get the install media and install it. As I said l, if you are currently activated and there aren't any hardware changes, when you activate again, it should pull the info and activate.

EarthDog, Dec 12, 2018
  3. EarthDog Win User
    Windows 10 formatting ?

But he already went to 10, so it's already tied to his hardware no?
    To that end, he would only need to create the install media from the MS website, format upon installation and activate. There shouldn't be a need to to 10 since he is currently there and activated. See post 3...

Or.. did I miss something? If he's on 7, can you still get 10 free if you didn't activate it before that expired?

Edit: You have to use the assisted technology to get it free now... a bit shady to me if you aren't using that tech. That way you'd have to upgrade to 10.. then format and reinstall for a clean install.

EarthDog, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Jetster Win User

Windows 10 Hardware change

A clean install? We're talking about a clean install not the upgrade

Dave is saying to do the upgrade. Pull the drive. Install the new hardware. Replace the drive and run it till its activated. Then format and do a clean install. Then it should activate fine

I don't think it will activate after you change the hardware. But maybe MS has loosened the activations for now

Jetster, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Activation / format and hardware change - Similar Threads - Activation format hardware

2. hardware change and formated drive cant activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hardware change and formated drive cant activate windows: I got the free upgrade from windows 7 official copy to windows 10 ages ago. As a gift I recieved new hardware. I copied the product code from my computer which i thought would be the windows 10 product code and then installed a new motherboard and installed windows on a new...
  3. hardware change and formated drive cant activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware change and formated drive cant activate windows: I got the free upgrade from windows 7 official copy to windows 10 ages ago. As a gift I recieved new hardware. I copied the product code from my computer which i thought would be the windows 10 product code and then installed a new motherboard and installed windows on a new...
  4. hardware change and formated drive cant activate windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Activation and Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation and Hardware Change: I recently swapped my MB, CPU, and RAM from a b450 to a b550 and from an AMD Ryzen 3 to a 5. I bought a prebuilt that came with windows in 2020 from Skytech Gaming it’s the ArchAngel with the GTX 1060 ti and 8 GB of ram. however since I changed it I haven’t been able to...
  6. Hardware change and Windows activation

Hardware change and Windows activation: I have windows 10 pro 2004 My windows says that it is activated with digital license linked to my microsoft account, so,if I change the motherboard of the machine,will the windows still workas an activated windows,or shall I have to buy a new key?...
  7. Windows 10 activation, hardware change...but not.

Windows 10 activation, hardware change...but not.: Computer: Lenovo E73 (bios integrated Windows license) Hardware change: NO I re-install W10 v1903 and activation says that I had made hardware change...which I not. Cannot activate W10 with troubleshooter. What to do? Virtual support thing does not help....
  8. Windows 10 hardware change activation

Windows 10 hardware change activation: Hello. I can't reactivate windows 10 after hardware change. When I get to troubleshooter the only PC I can choose is my last GIGABYTE motherboard, and there isn't this new PC with asus mb. On the contrary when I enter my Microsoft account on the network there is this new PC...
  9. Hardware changes and windows activation

Hardware changes and windows activation: I recently changed a lot of hardware to my computer including the motherboard. There is a watermark in the lower right hand corner saying to Activate Windows. So I went to the activation in settings and used the trouble shooter. I clicked the link on the troubleshooter that...
  10. windows 10 hardware change activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 hardware change activation: I have recently changed my motherboard and processor and windows detects it as another computer (understandable), but when I run the trouble-shooter and select "I have recently made a hardware change" and select my computer, it says that it cannot be re activated and to...