Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey everyone, been lurking this forum for a while and thought id post this one to hopefully clear this question up. We all know that if you have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by deebs, Jul 10, 2015.

1. deebs Win User

Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key

Hey everyone, been lurking this forum for a while and thought id post this one to hopefully clear this question up.

We all know that if you have a win7/8 installation, then its just a matter of upgrading it when the final release lands by using the little windows app next to the clock in the tray and it takes care of the rest.

But what if I have made a clean install of win10 "10074" (currently upgraded to 10164) and I want to activate it when rtm is real? Does anyone know if there will be a way of inputing your old win7/8 license key so it will be valid for win10 or is the only route reinstalling win7/8, then doing all the updates til you get the update with the windows app at the tray and go from there?

Would be a real pain in the ass if thats the only way *Sad

:)

deebs, Jul 10, 2015

2. Problem with Activating Windows 10

Hi Andre,

The OS was neither upgraded from win7 or 8, but I performed a fresh installation of the Windows 10 Pro to my new DOS based laptop. I do not have a Product Key available with me to activate windows.

Can I get the product key using the same steps shared for Windows 8? and use it to activate my Windows 10?

RohitNairVZ, Jul 10, 2015
  3. J.DD Win User
    Upgrade W-8 to W-10 via a clean install

If you've got win10 1511 (or it's ISO), from last year you can install it and use win8's key

I think with previous builds/versions whatever you call them, you had to install Win7, or 8 then 10 (and Win7 or 8 had to be activated first)

But (I think), once you do this you cant activate Win8 with it's key. It'll be used for Win10's activation

4. Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key

The only way is indeed to reinstall Windows and do all the updates. And you won't get Windows 10 particulary on july 29th.

GaloreRu1z4n3x, Jul 10, 2015
  5. n70shan Win User
    install genuine win 7 sp1 or 8 and then updgrade to window 10 preview using iso file and your window remains permanently activated and it will also get final rtm after 29 july

n70shan, Jul 12, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    This is not true, I have tried that.

Rocky, Jul 12, 2015
  7. n70shan Win User
    well for you its not working but for me i have tried the same procedure and it worked flawlessly
    Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key [​IMG]

n70shan, Jul 13, 2015
  8. bagavan Win User

This issue occured to me also. I reverted back to 8.1 then I realized that it was an activation issue at MS servers.

bagavan, Jul 13, 2015
  9. MORBiD Win User
    Goto Run
    Type "CMD"
    then enter this in console:

slmgr /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

MORBiD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key - Similar Threads - Activation win7 key

2. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key: Hello,I just upgraded my hardware including my motherboard and now it shows me that my Windows 10 is not activated due to a hardware change. I tried to enter my original Windows 8.1 key which I buyed a long time ago but it is the transferable not OEM sort of a key I upgraded...
  3. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key: Hello,I just upgraded my hardware including my motherboard and now it shows me that my Windows 10 is not activated due to a hardware change. I tried to enter my original Windows 8.1 key which I buyed a long time ago but it is the transferable not OEM sort of a key I upgraded...
  4. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 activation failed Windows 8 key

Windows 10 activation failed Windows 8 key: A few years ago I built a PC, bought a Windows 8 core key through retail, activated it, and then upgraded to Windows 10. A few days ago I finished building a new PC and attempted to use the same key to activate Windows 10, figuring that since I had already done that upgrade...
  6. windows 10 activation with win7 keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 activation with win7 keys: I haven't been able to find a clear answer to this question. Can anyone tell me whether or not Win7 keys will continue to activate windows 10 after the January End of Support for 7 submitted by /u/MoeTheSurgeon [link] [comments]...
  7. Win10 from Win7 activation key lost

Win10 from Win7 activation key lost: Hi everyone, I'll try to be as brief as possible with this matter: I used to have an old VAIO laptop back when Windows 10 was released, and there was the chance to update from my original activation of Windows 7. I did so, then gave this laptop to a realtive, and just got...
  8. Activating Windows 10 with Windows 8 Key

Activating Windows 10 with Windows 8 Key: Hello Everyone, So the past two evenings have been an absolute nightmare trying to get Windows 10 re-installed on my computer. Here's a little background: I currently possess a Windows 8.0 key. I previously had upgraded to Windows 8.1 and then in August upgraded to...
  9. Activating Windows 10 using a Windows 8 Key

Activating Windows 10 using a Windows 8 Key: Hi everyone, I'm thinking about installing Windows 10 pro using the virtualization station on my QNAP NAS. Because we're still in the free upgrade period and I have access to one Windows 8.1 Pro license key through my school for personal use, I was wondering how best to...
  10. Buying a Win7 activation key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Buying a Win7 activation key?: Is there a way to just buy a Win7 Pro 64bit key off Microsoft's site? Or do I have to buy a physical copy? All I'm trying to do is get the free upgrade to Win10 Pro 64. If I heard right you can just put the Window 7 key in when activating Win10 now. -Thanks 45531