Windows 10: Windows 10 activation gift for friend, receiving their family activity emails instead of them

Discus and support Windows 10 activation gift for friend, receiving their family activity emails instead of them in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; For Christmas I built a computer for my friend's daughter. When I bought the activation for the Windows 10 install I had to use my Paypal account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by frankrhps, Jan 6, 2020.

1. frankrhps Win User

Windows 10 activation gift for friend, receiving their family activity emails instead of them

For Christmas I built a computer for my friend's daughter. When I bought the activation for the Windows 10 install I had to use my Paypal account information, which automatically entered all my information all over their Microsoft account & computer. Since then I have been receiving their family activity emails and screen time extension requests for the child. I was with them at their computer when they removed all of my information & replaced it with theirs. We cannot figure out why I am still receiving the emails instead of them. I checked my own Microsoft account & there is no information about my friend's device or family so it must be on their account, somewhere. We just can't figure out where. Any ideas?

:)

frankrhps, Jan 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Yeah they blacklisted the insider keys at RTM, so u need to activate it again. They're using KMS server activation, so there's only handful of keys.

If you don't have any luck I can show another quicker method...lol

Pill Monster, Jan 6, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 activation gift for friend, receiving their family activity emails instead of them

Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 activation gift for friend, receiving their family activity emails instead of them

1. Windows 10 activation gift for friend, receiving their family activity emails instead of them - Similar Threads - activation gift friend

2. Didn't receive an email with Windows 11 activation code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Didn't receive an email with Windows 11 activation code: My brother bought a license for Windows 11 but never received an email with the activation code. There is no option to resend this code and no way to contact support. Already checked Spam and everything...
  3. Didn't receive an email with Windows 11 activation code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Didn't receive an email with Windows 11 activation code: My brother bought a license for Windows 11 but never received an email with the activation code. There is no option to resend this code and no way to contact support. Already checked Spam and everything...
  4. Gift purchased. However, but my friend has not received anything

Gift purchased. However, but my friend has not received anything: Last week I gave two applications to a friend via Microsoft Store. Until today, however, he has received nothing. In my friend's Microsoft account, via "Buy" and pay with gift voucher, the message follows that the key is invalid. In my Microsoft account the two gifts are...
  5. Did not receive Activation key via email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did not receive Activation key via email: I purchased Windows 10 USB, not the download. I did not receive the activation key in the confirmation email, neither is it in my order history. I already installed the free Windows 10 on my computer so all I really need is the activation key. I know I don't have the digital...
  6. Did not receive Activation key via email

Did not receive Activation key via email: I purchased Windows 10 USB, not the download. I did not receive the activation key in the confirmation email, neither is it in my order history. I already installed the free Windows 10 on my computer so all I really need is the activation key. I know I don't have the digital...
  7. Did not receive Activation key via email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Didn't receive activation email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Didn't receive activation email: So I've been using a pirated copy of windows 10 pro for the past 5 years and I finally decided to actually buy a legitimate copy of Windows 10. I bought windows 10 home using the website, but after I put in my billing information and stuff like that the screen displayed that...
  9. Didn't receive activation email

Didn't receive activation email: So I've been using a pirated copy of windows 10 pro for the past 5 years and I finally decided to actually buy a legitimate copy of Windows 10. I bought windows 10 home using the website, but after I put in my billing information and stuff like that the screen displayed that...
  10. Didn't receive activation email

in Windows 10 Gaming