Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation - Hardware Change - Troubleshoot fail

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation - Hardware Change - Troubleshoot fail in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just had to change my Motherboard, CPU, and Ram. I started the computer up and it worked, no pop ups about accounts. I proceded to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rene00000001, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Activation - Hardware Change - Troubleshoot fail

Hi,

I just had to change my Motherboard, CPU, and Ram.

I started the computer up and it worked, no pop ups about accounts.

I proceded to reinstall windows, and then noted that my copy of windows wasn't activated.

I ran the Activation troubleshooter and it find one computer, but it's the wrong one. That's my loungeroom computer.

I checked into my Microsoft accounts page online and all my devices are there. It shows my previous computer. So I find it starnge that the activation troubleshooter won't list it.

I will likely have to call up? or have I missed something?

:)

Rene00000001, Mar 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Smitty3PM Win User
    Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

• "You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, but Windows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Your copy of Windows 10 should automatically be activated so long as you didn't make any significant hardware changes to your device (such as replacing
      the hard drive or motherboard)."

I just recently upgraded my motherboard, graphics card, and processor. Now my Windows 10 isnt activated anymore, and when i go through the steps to troubleshoot, it says the windows activation just says.

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

anyone have an answer to this please...

Smitty3PM, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 Activation - Hardware Change - Troubleshoot fail

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation - Hardware Change - Troubleshoot fail

1. Windows 10 Activation - Hardware Change - Troubleshoot fail - Similar Threads - Activation Hardware Change

2. Windows 10 activation after hardware change failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation after hardware change failed: Linked digital code with Microsoft account, when changed hardware and tried to re-activate was unable to activate windows: We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later....
  3. Windows 10 fails to activate after hardware change.

Windows 10 fails to activate after hardware change.: I recently did a complete computer rebuild, and just after activating Windows on my computer the KB4524147 hit my computer, and turned it into a high tech toaster and completely bricked it. BIOS wouldn't even recognize my SSD that it was installed on. So after re-flashing my...
  4. Windows 10 activation, hardware change...but not.

Windows 10 activation, hardware change...but not.: Computer: Lenovo E73 (bios integrated Windows license) Hardware change: NO I re-install W10 v1903 and activation says that I had made hardware change...which I not. Cannot activate W10 with troubleshooter. What to do? Virtual support thing does not help....
  5. Windows 10 hardware change activation

Windows 10 hardware change activation: Hello. I can't reactivate windows 10 after hardware change. When I get to troubleshooter the only PC I can choose is my last GIGABYTE motherboard, and there isn't this new PC with asus mb. On the contrary when I enter my Microsoft account on the network there is this new PC...
  6. Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -...

Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -...: Windows 10 Pro build 17134 I've just finished an upgrade to my PC, swapping motherboard, CPU and memory. I migrated the hard drives from the old machine intending to keep my system/install as was. Prior to dismantling the old system I checked that Windows was showing me as...
  7. Windows 10 fails to activate after a motherboard change despite the troubleshooter.

Windows 10 fails to activate after a motherboard change despite the troubleshooter.: Today, I upgraded both my motherboard and CPU (Along with a few case fans though I doubt that's relevant), and reinstalled Windows 10 Home Edition on my SSD to be certain that I'd have no issues. Before doing so, I absolutely double-checked that under activation, my old...
  8. Windows 10 fails to activate after hardware change

Windows 10 fails to activate after hardware change: I recently changed the motherboard in my desktop, and now my windows 10 license (from a retail purchase) fails to re-activate. I tried to follow the steps to re-activate in settings, as described here, but it consistently fails. Here are some screenshots of the failed...
  9. Windows license is not reactivating with Activation Troubleshooter after changing hardware

Windows license is not reactivating with Activation Troubleshooter after changing hardware: Hello. I've changed my hardware recently, Windows Activation failed now and I cannot solve it through Activation Troubleshooter. After I'm choosing the device I'm currently using I get "Unable to activate Windows". How this can be solved? I still have the same product key...
  10. windows 10 hardware change activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 hardware change activation: I have recently changed my motherboard and processor and windows detects it as another computer (understandable), but when I run the trouble-shooter and select "I have recently made a hardware change" and select my computer, it says that it cannot be re activated and to...