Windows 10: Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost

Discus and support Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am presently on Windows 7 Home premium. I lost the OEM Windows Disc provided with the laptop. Windows 10 Pro downloading in progress. Now I do have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by suraj, Jul 28, 2015.

1. suraj Win User

Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost

I am presently on Windows 7 Home premium. I lost the OEM Windows Disc provided with the laptop.
    Windows 10 Pro downloading in progress.
    Now I do have original windows 7 pro key which I have downloaded earlier from Dreamspark account.
    Will that key be sufficient to activate the Windows 10 Pro which I am now downloading through mediacreationtool?

:)

suraj, Jul 28, 2015

2. I have a question about OEM product key and Windows 10

can you use a windows 7 pro sp1 32 bit system builder (OEM) product key to activate windows 10 pro 32 bit or do you have to first install the windows 7 pro sp1 32 bit OEM and activate with its product key and then upgrade back to Windows 10. Because my Windows
    10 pro is not activated so I bought Windows 7 pro sp1 32 bit OEM (COA) with disc and product key however I don't want to wipe the Windows 10 off of my computer and have to install Windows 7 and activating it with the unused non branded system builder product
    key and then upgrade to Windows 10 just so it can be activated with a digital entitlement. This is the link to the Windows 7 pro sp1 32 bit OEM with COA that I bought.

Amazon

LeeRankin0727, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost

1. Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost - Similar Threads - activation OEM Disc

2. Is it possible to replace Windows 10 with Windows 7 via OEM disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to replace Windows 10 with Windows 7 via OEM disc?: I have a compact desktop computer that came with Windows 10 installed. I would like to know if it is possible to install Windows 7 or Windows XP onto the computer using an OEM disc. I have many games that do not run on Windows 10 so I am just trying to find a way to replace...
  3. Is it possible to replace Windows 10 with Windows 7 via OEM disc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to replace Windows 10 with Windows 7 via OEM disc?: I have a compact desktop computer that came with Windows 10 installed. I would like to know if it is possible to install Windows 7 or Windows XP onto the computer using an OEM disc. I have many games that do not run on Windows 10 so I am just trying to find a way to replace...
  4. Is it possible to replace Windows 10 with Windows 7 via OEM disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key: Hello everyone,I am trying to upgrade a PC from windows 7 Pro OEM_DM to windows 10 Pro.I did so by unpacking the ISO and running the Setup.exeit ran the upgrade and everything looked good, then i saw there was no license added.I did copy my Windows 7 Pro key and tries to use...
  6. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key: Hello everyone,I am trying to upgrade a PC from windows 7 Pro OEM_DM to windows 10 Pro.I did so by unpacking the ISO and running the Setup.exeit ran the upgrade and everything looked good, then i saw there was no license added.I did copy my Windows 7 Pro key and tries to use...
  7. Windows 10 Activation with a Windows 7 OEM Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. OEM Windows 7 to Windows 10 digital activation

OEM Windows 7 to Windows 10 digital activation: Dear Community, I have a Lenovo computer with a OEM Windows 7. I recently formatted the hard drive and install WINDOWS 10. The OEM activation key automatically validate the newly installed version. Can someone tell me if this is a valid method to upgrade? Thanks for your...
  9. Is it possible to activate windows 10 with windows 7 OEM key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to activate windows 10 with windows 7 OEM key?: Im building a new pc and I have an old laptop with windows 7 oem licence. As far as I know it’s still possible to upgrade from 7 to 10 for free but is it possible to use the laptops activation key to activate windows on the new pc? If not, is there some other way to utilize...
  10. Can I activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 OEM?

Can I activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 OEM?: I want to completely format my old PC and reinstall Windows. According to ShowKey Plus it has Windows 7 OEM key in firmware, does this mean that when I reinstall Windows 10 it will automatically activate using this key, if not is there any way to activate this without buying...