Windows 10: Windows 10 activation issue: Built a new PC, transferred windows to my new PC from my old...

Discus and support Windows 10 activation issue: Built a new PC, transferred windows to my new PC from my old... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/THE_REAL_MR_BULLDOPS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iszog5/windows_10_activation_issue_built_a_new_pc/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/THE_REAL_MR_BULLDOPS, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 activation issue: Built a new PC, transferred windows to my new PC from my old...

/u/THE_REAL_MR_BULLDOPS, Sep 14, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Rob4642 Win User
    Need help with transferring Windows 10 to new PC

*Nevermind I figured it out. I just bought a license key for $29.00. Thx though.
    So my friend asked me to build him a new computer for work. The last one I built him was during the windows 7-10 upgrade grace period. I used to load windows 7, use windows loader to put in a product key, activate it, then upgrade to windows 10. Now that the grace period is over, and I'm working with new hardware, I was wondering if it is possible to install windows 10 from an already functioning computer that operated on a sata SSD to a new computer with an m.2 nvme SSD, using just the product key from the current windows 10 off of his computer. I use a program that grabs the product key called ProduKey.
    Should I do a fresh install of windows 10 using his key after deactivating it from his current PC , instead of cloning drives correct? It would be nice not to have to pay microsoft $200 for windows 10 if he already has it and plans on not using his old pc anymore.

Rob4642, Sep 14, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Windows 10 activation issue: Built a new PC, transferred windows to my new PC from my old...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 activation issue: Built a new PC, transferred windows to my new PC from my old...

1. Windows 10 activation issue: Built a new PC, transferred windows to my new PC from my old... - Similar Threads - activation issue Built

2. Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old Laptop to a new custom-built pc and upgrade it to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old Laptop to a new custom-built pc and upgrade it to...: I'm using a laptop from came from Asus which is about 12 years old and came pre-installed with Windows 8. I upgraded it to Windows 10 recently but can't it to Windows 11 for its hardware limitations. I'll make a custom-built pc in near future. I'm thinking to use this Windows...
  3. Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.: I asked what I needed to do in order to not lose my Windows license here two weeks ago. I followed instructions. I made a boot/install USB stick using my old PC beforehand.My old PC had a registered Windows 10 Home that originated from a Windows 7 storebought copy which I...
  4. Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.: I asked what I needed to do in order to not lose my Windows license here two weeks ago. I followed instructions. I made a boot/install USB stick using my old PC beforehand.My old PC had a registered Windows 10 Home that originated from a Windows 7 storebought copy which I...
  5. Built a new PC, destroyed my old one, cannot activate Windows 10 for my new one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows from old to new PC: I have a self-built Intel Core i3 PC which I built some years ago. It has a copy of W10 Pro on a SATA SSD. I plan to build a new PC with M2 storage. Can I transfer my copy of Windows to the new PC, and if so how?...
  7. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows from old to new PC: I have a self-built Intel Core i3 PC which I built some years ago. It has a copy of W10 Pro on a SATA SSD. I plan to build a new PC with M2 storage. Can I transfer my copy of Windows to the new PC, and if so how?...
  8. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Built a new PC - how to transfer my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built a new PC - how to transfer my Windows 10?: I've just built a new PC as my old was very old and on it's last legs. My Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 8. I purchased Windows 8 back when it was new as a digital download. I can't find my Windows 8 key now. It's not listed as a purchase in my Microsoft Store...
  10. Transfering HDD from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering HDD from old PC to new PC: I have an older PC in which the motherboard is dying. I bought a newer PC and since the HDD is still good on old PC I wanted to install the HDD to the new PC as a 2nd drive. That way i can keep the files and have more room. My question is to make room on old HDD can I delete...