Windows 10: Windows 10 activation issue

Discus and support Windows 10 activation issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i have been using an unactivated version of Windows 10 for so long that I cant even remember exactly when or why I downloaded the first new copy and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RGBrewster, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation issue

i have been using an unactivated version of Windows 10 for so long that I cant even remember exactly when or why I downloaded the first new copy and lost the licensed version that came as a free upgrade from Windows 7 on this laptop. I have been through microsoft product support countless times trying to retrieve a product key and it always just takes me in circles eventually telling me that I can purchase a genuine copy of Windows 10 from the Microsoft store. Well, i guarantee that this copy was downloaded from the microsoft store just like all the others so i don't think 'non-genuine' is accurate in terms of definition nor accuracy in accessing the problem. I just need this copy which was downloaded from the official website to become activated and I cannot seem to do that short of paying a couple of hundred dollars, which is basically ransoming my previous activation and I object on the grounds that it will probably encourage other ransom demands as well as hurt my finances more than i can justify or I'd give up on justification and just buy it. Is there an email contact at Microsoft that anyone knows where I can write an appeal for a pardon or something? i have no idea on what grounds to base a request for a license key to activate this copy at this point other than it has caused more frustration pain and suffering than it is worth, and I really need to make a final personal complaint and appeal then move on with my micro-misery with or without activation because i have tried to do this so many times now using the help available with the product that it is far beyond obsessive compulsive and I'm beginning to question my sanity and my intelligence for repeatedly spending time trying to acquire it by any method at all.

:)

RGBrewster, Nov 8, 2019

2. ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 activation issue

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation issue

1. Windows 10 activation issue - Similar Threads - activation issue

2. Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro'': HI everyone,I just purchased new PC and start it now. But when i went on to the window activation section it says ''We found window 11 home license for this device but running window 11 pro.'' So please anyone can give me direction to tackle this issue right now as a lot of...
  3. Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro'': HI everyone,I just purchased new PC and start it now. But when i went on to the window activation section it says ''We found window 11 home license for this device but running window 11 pro.'' So please anyone can give me direction to tackle this issue right now as a lot of...
  4. Activation Key Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Key Issues: This is just a quick question about key provisioning.I originally purchased Windows 7 Pro Retail and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro a few years ago.The Microsoft support agent informed me that my key was now provisioned as a Windows 10 Pro Retail Key.After building a new...
  5. Activation Key Issues

Activation Key Issues: This is just a quick question about key provisioning.I originally purchased Windows 7 Pro Retail and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro a few years ago.The Microsoft support agent informed me that my key was now provisioned as a Windows 10 Pro Retail Key.After building a new...
  6. Windows activation Issues with E3 Microsoft Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation Issues with E3 Microsoft Plan: Hello,I accidentally bought a surface book studio that came pre installed with a windows home oem license.Now since we are a company it needs to be the enterprise version. I've tried to update it to Windows 11 Enterprise with a generic which worked but now I am not able to...
  7. Windows activation Issues with E3 Microsoft Plan

Windows activation Issues with E3 Microsoft Plan: Hello,I accidentally bought a surface book studio that came pre installed with a windows home oem license.Now since we are a company it needs to be the enterprise version. I've tried to update it to Windows 11 Enterprise with a generic which worked but now I am not able to...
  8. Regading Issue with Windows 10 Activation - Error 0x803FA067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regading Issue with Windows 10 Activation - Error 0x803FA067: I upgraded my PC including the motherboard yesterday and the Windows can't activate with the product key I have been using for over 10 years. The product was purchased offline shop I believe it's either XP or 7 and I have the product key. The key was never distributed to...
  9. Regading Issue with Windows 10 Activation - Error 0x803FA067

Regading Issue with Windows 10 Activation - Error 0x803FA067: I upgraded my PC including the motherboard yesterday and the Windows can't activate with the product key I have been using for over 10 years. The product was purchased offline shop I believe it's either XP or 7 and I have the product key. The key was never distributed to...
  10. Regading Issue with Windows 10 Activation - Error 0x803FA067

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade