Windows 10: Windows 10 activation issues (have pro version linked, home installed)

Discus and support Windows 10 activation issues (have pro version linked, home installed) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have recently built my parents a new computer to be used a home desktop since the last one they had bricked itself irreversibly. However, since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GrubbyBump253, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation issues (have pro version linked, home installed)

I have recently built my parents a new computer to be used a home desktop since the last one they had bricked itself irreversibly. However, since building the new computer and giving it a fresh Windows install it has windows 10 home installed. The problem is that the digital entitlement linked to my family's Microsoft account is for Windows 10 pro. The computer that entitlement is supposedly being used in has been stripped for parts and is sitting in an e-waste bin. Is there anything that I could do to activate windows on the new pc short of a clean Windows install or buying a fresh copy?

Thanks in advance to anyone who could help with this problem.

:)

GrubbyBump253, Nov 21, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 21, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Nov 21, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 activation issues (have pro version linked, home installed)

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation issues (have pro version linked, home installed)

1. Windows 10 activation issues (have pro version linked, home installed) - Similar Threads - activation issues pro

2. Windows 10 home to pro version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home to pro version: I purchased the upgrade license in the appstore home to pro version however i am getting error 0xC00F4050 cannot activate windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-to-pro-version/1a7869fa-bd6c-467e-85e7-0b564bb9fad6
  3. Windows 10 home to pro version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home to pro version: I purchased the upgrade license in the appstore home to pro version however i am getting error 0xC00F4050 cannot activate windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-to-pro-version/1a7869fa-bd6c-467e-85e7-0b564bb9fad6
  4. Windows 10 home to pro version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Issues with Activation

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Issues with Activation: Just purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade for $109.31 through the Microsoft Store- upgrade produced an odd error 0xC004C003, disallowing activation- Troubleshoot states I have incorrect digital license or suggests I may have upgraded H/W. Other odd issue is that it show Edition...
  6. I have windows 10 pro but windows 10 home is activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have windows 10 pro but windows 10 home is activated: I had genuine windows 10 home and mistakley i installed windows 10 pro un activated and then the laptop is asking me to activate but i dont have product key neither i can buy one , what shall i do ?...
  7. Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.

Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.: Just got a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I have a Windows 10 Pro license that I bought back in 2017 appears in order history in my MS account but I can't find a product key anywhere. What do I do?...
  8. Activating a Windows 10 Home product key, with an Unactivated Pro version installed.

Activating a Windows 10 Home product key, with an Unactivated Pro version installed.: I currently have Windows 10 Pro when i worked with my last company installed. It has since deactivated after some hardware changes. I just bought a digital copy of windows 10 Home for a way to activate it. I've attempted to use the media installation tool for downloading...
  9. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Activate Windows Issue

Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Activate Windows Issue: I purchased a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home. I went to the Windows store and purchased Windows 10 Pro and clicked on the Install after the purchase was complete. Ever since I get a random "Activate Windows" that shows up after I return my computer from sleep. If...
  10. Windows 10 PRO version 1909 Activation issues

Windows 10 PRO version 1909 Activation issues: I have a problem with the activation. I already bought 2 product keys for Windows 10 PRO an none of them is working. I bought a new laptop and downloaded a ISO installation file for Win10 over the official Microsoft website. I installed it over a bootable usb drive and wanted...