Windows 10: Windows 10 activation issues.

Discus and support Windows 10 activation issues. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently installed new motherboard, CPU, and a new nvme drive. Installed windows on the new drive and formatted the drive that previously had windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MrCrimson, Aug 4, 2019.

1. MrCrimson Win User

Windows 10 activation issues.

Recently installed new motherboard, CPU, and a new nvme drive. Installed windows on the new drive and formatted the drive that previously had windows on it. Went to activate windows and had to click troubleshoot, which brings up a box saying "We weren't able to activate windows on this device." So I clicked, "I changed hardware on this device recently" brings up a window with my computer listed, so I check the box which says This is the device I am using right now, click activate and the next window in which the message is "We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try again later."

I've done this multiple times. Over a couple of days.

:)

MrCrimson, Aug 4, 2019

2. ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 activation issues.

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation issues.

1. Windows 10 activation issues. - Similar Threads - activation issues

2. Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro'': HI everyone,I just purchased new PC and start it now. But when i went on to the window activation section it says ''We found window 11 home license for this device but running window 11 pro.'' So please anyone can give me direction to tackle this issue right now as a lot of...
  3. Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro'': HI everyone,I just purchased new PC and start it now. But when i went on to the window activation section it says ''We found window 11 home license for this device but running window 11 pro.'' So please anyone can give me direction to tackle this issue right now as a lot of...
  4. Activation Key Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Key Issues: This is just a quick question about key provisioning.I originally purchased Windows 7 Pro Retail and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro a few years ago.The Microsoft support agent informed me that my key was now provisioned as a Windows 10 Pro Retail Key.After building a new...
  5. Activation Key Issues

Activation Key Issues: This is just a quick question about key provisioning.I originally purchased Windows 7 Pro Retail and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro a few years ago.The Microsoft support agent informed me that my key was now provisioned as a Windows 10 Pro Retail Key.After building a new...
  6. Windows activation Issues with E3 Microsoft Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation Issues with E3 Microsoft Plan: Hello,I accidentally bought a surface book studio that came pre installed with a windows home oem license.Now since we are a company it needs to be the enterprise version. I've tried to update it to Windows 11 Enterprise with a generic which worked but now I am not able to...
  7. Windows activation Issues with E3 Microsoft Plan

Windows activation Issues with E3 Microsoft Plan: Hello,I accidentally bought a surface book studio that came pre installed with a windows home oem license.Now since we are a company it needs to be the enterprise version. I've tried to update it to Windows 11 Enterprise with a generic which worked but now I am not able to...
  8. Regading Issue with Windows 10 Activation - Error 0x803FA067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regading Issue with Windows 10 Activation - Error 0x803FA067: I upgraded my PC including the motherboard yesterday and the Windows can't activate with the product key I have been using for over 10 years. The product was purchased offline shop I believe it's either XP or 7 and I have the product key. The key was never distributed to...
  9. Regading Issue with Windows 10 Activation - Error 0x803FA067

Regading Issue with Windows 10 Activation - Error 0x803FA067: I upgraded my PC including the motherboard yesterday and the Windows can't activate with the product key I have been using for over 10 years. The product was purchased offline shop I believe it's either XP or 7 and I have the product key. The key was never distributed to...
  10. Regading Issue with Windows 10 Activation - Error 0x803FA067

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade