Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation Key Error and Windows 10 Not Updating

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation Key Error and Windows 10 Not Updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Awhile back around 8-10 months ago I started having problems with my updates, my power had went out during an update. When it had come back on it told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ByronBussell, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Activation Key Error and Windows 10 Not Updating

Awhile back around 8-10 months ago I started having problems with my updates, my power had went out during an update. When it had come back on it told me "Couldn't complete update, undoing changes, don't turn off your pc". I let this go through, I didn't worry about it at first, just thought it would fix itself then kinda just forgot about the problem all together. Recently, I woke up to boot my pc, it gave me a blue screen with a text stating that the update couldn't be completed undoing changes. I was use to this, it gave me options to work with, trouble shooting, resetting to it's factory stage, some other ways aswell. I did all of these options, factory resetting being the last, I was forced to factory reset. I was able to get to my desktop after going through the setup process, downloaded all I needed browsers, games stuff like that. I was prompted after an hour "Windows 10 Key Activation, go to settings", this was never an issue before my factory reset, so I went to my settings on the Activation panel and got the following.

"Something interrupted out troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the internet, wait a few minutes and try again. Error code: 0x80004005"

So I thought to myself, try the basic steps, resetting my pc, trying to update my windows. So, I figured my pc being factory reset, I would be able to update my windows. This wasn't the case, got the same bluescreen "couldn't complete update, undoing changes, don't turn off your pc". So, I searched for a way to fix this, troubleshooting, then resetting my pc afterwards, trying again, same thing. DISM and SFC, did both ways, nothing worked. I deleted my updates and tried again, nothing worked. I failed to mention that during the troubleshooting for my updates it did give me an error, this error happened everytime I did the troubleshoot.

Check for update issues detected {warning icon}
    Resolve windows update issues completed
    issues remediated by :CorruptionRepairPlugin;EnableUUPScanPlugin

:)

ByronBussell, Apr 9, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Apr 9, 2021
  4. skippy258 Win User

Windows 10 Activation Key Error and Windows 10 Not Updating

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows?

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 Activation Key Error and Windows 10 Not Updating [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation Key Error and Windows 10 Not Updating

1. Windows 10 Activation Key Error and Windows 10 Not Updating - Similar Threads - Activation Key Error

2. Windows 10 activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 activation key: Hey guys!I have a question..So few days ago i bought a new motherboard,and also bought a windows 10 license keyOEM key,when everything was assembled i activated windows and all was fine.Saddly the motherboard had some issues and i had to return it.Now the pc shop will get my...
  3. Windows 10 Activation Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation Key: Microsoft did an automatic update on my computer a while back and updated it to Windows 10. I have had no trouble with my computer until now. All of a sudden, my computer keeps popping up a message that Windows 10 needs to be activated and is asking for the activation key....
  4. Windows 10 Activation Key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Activation Key?: Hey everyone. I never used this thread before, but I was just wondering why I have to have an activation key if I am doing a fresh install onto a pc. I was using windows 10 just fine on my old HDD and had a fresh install on my new SSD. I thought that if you install from a USB...
  5. Windows 10 Activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation key: hi i have original Windows 10 in my laptop can i use that Activation key to intall Windows in my other laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-key/b188308b-017b-4e7a-9b64-0d88fa477bfc
  6. Windows 10 Activation key error

Windows 10 Activation key error: Hi I'm trying to activate my win 10, and i got this error number 0x80070057 and it say make sure you are connected to the internet and i'm connected for sure. i;m using an cracked windows and finally i purchase the key windows 10 pro. Any help Thanks...
  7. windows 10 activation and update errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 activation and update errors: i am trying to activate my windows 10 or updating my windows but i failed to do so due to an error ;0x8007007B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-and-update-errors/b96859e9-9d1a-4ea0-961a-93e16e4bfa48
  8. error activation window 10.no product key

error activation window 10.no product key: I download window 10 on my pc from online store , I don t remember from where or a name or anythink about it any more. So after my pc needed update my pc ask me to activate window , but I can t activate it because I need a product key . I can t find my product key . So how...
  9. Window 10 activation key

Window 10 activation key: Hi not sure but my computer died and am rebuilding it i have the install.disc and a product key not sure its the windows 10 one how do i check it is the window key that came with the windows 10.box and can i check.it on a phone thx...
  10. windows 10 activation key

windows 10 activation key: Can I use my windows 10 key for 2 devices , which is my pc and my laptop ? Cause my laptop activation date ran out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-key/1a86b7df-1a1b-4e4d-a17b-2cbfbd0a0184"