Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation Key Stolen

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation Key Stolen in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My windows 10 activation key has been stolen, is there a way to claim the key back? I tried claiming the key in settings, but it doesn't work. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vladimir Marković, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Activation Key Stolen

My windows 10 activation key has been stolen, is there a way to claim the key back? I tried claiming the key in settings, but it doesn't work. I have the key here and a proof that I bought it. Thanks!

:)

Vladimir Marković, Jan 20, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 20, 2021
  3. gaitski Win User
    Deregister Windows 10 on stolen PC?

Thanks for the additional suggestions. I did chat with a Microsoft rep today, and they advised me to activate the product key on my new PC which will deactivate the license on the stolen one. I asked if they could deactivate the stolen key right now, but they said they cannot.

gaitski, Jan 20, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 Activation Key Stolen

Deregister Windows 10 on stolen PC?

Another MS Rep that has no idea what they are talking about.... I have a couple of computers that were originally activated with the same product key - activating the second computer has no affect on the previously activated computer.

NavyLCDR, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation Key Stolen

1. Windows 10 Activation Key Stolen - Similar Threads - Activation Key Stolen

2. product key stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key stolen: hello, my name is Mohamed and I would like to report on a Windows 11 pro system theft that I received when I bought my new pc lenovo ThinkBook 14 G2 ITL Laptop - Type 20VD serial number MP2D5BV7. I would like to know if there would be a way to recover my product key and...
  3. product key stolen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product key stolen: hello, my name is Mohamed and I would like to report on a Windows 11 pro system theft that I received when I bought my new pc lenovo ThinkBook 14 G2 ITL Laptop - Type 20VD serial number MP2D5BV7. I would like to know if there would be a way to recover my product key and...
  4. Activation Key Access For Stolen OEM PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Key Access For Stolen OEM PC: I bought a new, customized Win 11 OS system from an OEM manufacturerwho shipped the system 2 weeks ago. This was a high value PC valued at $4000 which I needed for school/etc. The video card was dead on arrival. So I used the repair/maintenance contract with the OEM, to ship...
  5. Activation Key Access For Stolen OEM PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Key Access For Stolen OEM PC: I bought a new, customized Win 11 OS system from an OEM manufacturerwho shipped the system 2 weeks ago. This was a high value PC valued at $4000 which I needed for school/etc. The video card was dead on arrival. So I used the repair/maintenance contract with the OEM, to ship...
  6. Windows product key stolen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows product key stolen: What should I do if I have bought 2 Windows 10 pro production keys a year ago, but I haven't used them till now. Now that I want to, it says that they are invalid. Also the company I bought it from has one of the biggest businesses in my country so I don't think they would...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade Activation Code Stolen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade Activation Code Stolen: My Windows 10 upgraded Activation Code is stolen from the notebook I wrote it down on and I have used it once are twice for resetting my windows 10 back to factory and reinstalling it in 2016 but not since. There is a ripe on the page it is wrote on and I do not tear off...
  8. Stolen Notebook with tracking activated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen Notebook with tracking activated: Hello, unfortunately my Win10 notebook was stolen from my car two weeks ago. I had the tracking activated, but the last position is my home. I cannot believe the notebook is not switched on since this time. Is it possible that the tracking is broken when someone installs...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Key stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Key stolen: I remembered that windows 10 edition of minecraft was free if you have purchased java edition. Well I have and notice it said my key was already activated. I check my Microsoft account to see if it was used. And it was not. I know my account was breached not too long before...
  10. Minecraft for Windows 10 key was stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for Windows 10 key was stolen: I haven't been able to play Minecraft for a few years due to my computer not being able to handle it, (I know, right?) and have largely left the game alone until recently when I finally acquired a new PC and was excited to get back into the game. However, when trying to play...