Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation key troubles

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation key troubles in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, i just got a computer from someone and i need help getting the activation key for windows 10. I had no idea I had to deal with an activation key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by K2 eivvnefjde, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Activation key troubles

Hi, i just got a computer from someone and i need help getting the activation key for windows 10. I had no idea I had to deal with an activation key and all of that stuff before getting the computer. I think they put it on here for free but I'm not completely sure about that. I just think that's what they did because on the bottom of my computer there is an activation key but I think its for windows 7 and not 10. I have already tried this key and it did not work. Also I cannot afford to but a key for 100 bucks, so if someone could just help me find my key for this computer that would be very helpful. Thanks.

:)

K2 eivvnefjde, Jun 29, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    windows 10 key

For me, early on on it had trouble until it got on the internet but, if it doesn't accept the key, the Windows installer will let you install without a key and once you get internet, it will activate just as a standard Windows 10 key will. I've done 2 clean installations with my Windows 7 key already.
    So that is what that was? Network wasn't setup on my end but it still let me do it. I use wireless and it wasn't configured, unless the powerline adapter was plugged in and I didn't notice. I thought that not providing the key would have just made it a "trial" or something with the ability to activate after the machine has booted, with drivers and network access. I like your explanation better though.

Aquinus, Jun 29, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Activation key troubles

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation key troubles

1. Windows 10 Activation key troubles - Similar Threads - Activation key troubles

2. Trouble Activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble Activating Windows 10: Hi,I am having issues activiating windows 10 pro.I purchased this through the Microsoft store with a digital licence which worked but a few months ago this seemed to become undone as the computer is displaying “activate windows” in the bottom right hand side of the screen see...
  3. trouble with windows 10 activating

trouble with windows 10 activating: hello,i have trouble with windows 10 activating. i dont know how to activate it and e.c.t. I need help with that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-with-windows-10-activating/1e643ecc-8fa8-44db-be01-e2f0b7645648
  4. Windows 10 activation trouble

Windows 10 activation trouble: I reinstalled windows 10 which was pre-installed on my machine on a virtual machine, because I dedicated the host to another operating system. After entering the product key it tells me that it is not valid. Error code: 0x803fa067 I had already used this product key on...
  5. Trouble activating windows with produck key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble activating windows with produck key: Hi, my Windows needs to be activated but it shows the error code: 0x8007007B. The reason that is shows for why it can't activate is that they cannot connect to the organization's activation server. How do I go about this?...
  6. trouble activating windows 10

trouble activating windows 10: Hello i recently bought a 2nd hand laptop which is running windows 10 pro but with a windows 10 home digital license how do i get windows 10 home 64 bit os without paying £££££'s for???...
  7. Trouble activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble activating Windows 10: I've just recently built another PC and installed Windows 10 but can't seem to activate it. Getting error code 0xC0EA000A. The product key I have been using is from a copy of Windows 7 I bought years ago but upgraded to Windows 10 when it was free and linked it to my...
  8. Windows 10 activation trouble

Windows 10 activation trouble: I recently upgraded my computer's motherboard, and now I have a transparent notification to Activate Windows. After Troubleshooting, I simply get the error of "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." Windows is working fine otherwise, the notification is...
  9. Trouble activating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble activating windows 10: I recently had a MB die and I got a replacement with a new CPU. I reformatted my computer and reinstalled windows 10. I'm currently unable to activate it and there's no option to add a microsoft account in the activation window in settings. I got windows 10 through the free...
  10. Troubles Activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubles Activating Windows 10: Recently I replaced my motherboard and after it had been replaced I noticed that Windows was telling me to activate it on the bottom right of the screen. I had windows 10 before I replaced my motherboard and now that I try to go through the troubleshooting process of trying...