Windows 10: Windows 10 activation new device from old one

Discus and support Windows 10 activation new device from old one in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I assembled new pc selling old one. I was unaware of how licensing works. I did format my old pc before selling it. Now I am trying to activate it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Krishna Paralkar, May 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation new device from old one

I assembled new pc selling old one. I was unaware of how licensing works. I did format my old pc before selling it. Now I am trying to activate it on new pc but it is not working. I have digital licensed attached to my account. So how I can fix this. Thanks.

:)

Krishna Paralkar, May 11, 2019

2. Activate new device with old device' product key

No, you can't do what you are suggesting, because the Windows 10 Pro license you mentioned is pre-loaded on the old machine. OEM licenses as they are called are not transferable. Only if the Windows 10 Pro was a retail store bought license would be able
    to do that. Otherwise, you have to purchase an entirely new full version license for the Windows 10 Home computer you now have.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to Store

Click the $99 button the make your purchase the follow the on screen instructions.

Learn more about transferring licenses:

Andre Da Costa, May 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 11, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 activation new device from old one

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation new device from old one

1. Windows 10 activation new device from old one - Similar Threads - activation device old

2. Is there a way to get windows 10 on a new device from an old device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to get windows 10 on a new device from an old device: I had a windows 10 device, it broke and got replaced with a windows 11 device, different brand different shape. Is there a way to get windows ten from the old device to the new one. I don't have a backup, other than a USB drive with a few games I've messed with. But nothing...
  3. Is there a way to get windows 10 on a new device from an old device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to get windows 10 on a new device from an old device: I had a windows 10 device, it broke and got replaced with a windows 11 device, different brand different shape. Is there a way to get windows ten from the old device to the new one. I don't have a backup, other than a USB drive with a few games I've messed with. But nothing...
  4. Is there a way to get windows 10 on a new device from an old device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 key from old laptop on new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 key from old laptop on new one: HelloMy laptop motherboard died so I bought second hand for replace. Is there a way I can use my old laptop windows lincense on a new one?System was installed on 2.5 SSD and new one has only m.2 storage. I can't add 2.5 disk to my new laptop lenovo x13.Kind regards...
  6. Windows 10 key from old laptop on new one

Windows 10 key from old laptop on new one: HelloMy laptop motherboard died so I bought second hand for replace. Is there a way I can use my old laptop windows lincense on a new one?System was installed on 2.5 SSD and new one has only m.2 storage. I can't add 2.5 disk to my new laptop lenovo x13.Kind regards...
  7. Windows 10 key from old laptop on new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Activating Windows 10 on a new machine after old one died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 on a new machine after old one died: My old computer died without warning. The computer I built and had purchased a retail copy of windows to install on, but I cannot for the life of me remember where I bought it it could have been that it was Windows 8 I actually bought and then upgraded as I built this...
  9. Activating Windows 10 on a new machine after old one died

Activating Windows 10 on a new machine after old one died: My old computer died without warning. The computer I built and had purchased a retail copy of windows to install on, but I cannot for the life of me remember where I bought it it could have been that it was Windows 8 I actually bought and then upgraded as I built this...
  10. Activating Windows 10 on a new machine after old one died

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change activation from old device to new device