Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation, New motherboard and CPU

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation, New motherboard and CPU in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I just upgraded my computer with a new motherboard and CPU. I installed a clean copy of windows 10 pro from a USB and skipped inputting a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zbidwell, Jul 31, 2019.

1. zbidwell Win User

Windows 10 Activation, New motherboard and CPU

Hello,

I just upgraded my computer with a new motherboard and CPU. I installed a clean copy of windows 10 pro from a USB and skipped inputting a product key/activation code because I do not have one. Before the change, I linked my copy of windows 10 pro to this microsoft account. The copy of windows 10 was not an OEM copy. I originally bought a windows 7 license when I built my previous computer and had upgraded to windows 10 since.

I have tried the activation troubleshooter in settings -> Activation -> Troubleshoot and after clicking "I changed my hardware on this device recently" in the window that pops-up I selected the checkbox of my previous machine and clicked the activate button. It gives the message "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. ".

Thanks,

Zach Bidwell

:)

zbidwell, Jul 31, 2019
  2. KVPurren Win User

New cpu+motherboard, Windows 10 Pro no longer activated.

I upgraded my cpu and motherboard today and my windows 10 Pro is no longer activated, I had no idea switching motherboards/cpus deactivated my windows 10 upgrade. Is there anything I can do without having to spend a ridiculous 200 dollars for a new windows
    10?

KVPurren, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10: Fitting a new motherboard and CPU

Hi,

Yes, you may change your Motherboard and CPU without a problem. To resolve your issue in case you encounter a problem, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

article
    which you can expand Activating Windows 10 after a hardware configuration change
    and you can use an Activation troubleshooter if you get activation errors. The given link is previously provided by
    'Mike P.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Activation, New motherboard and CPU

New Motherboard, Windows 10 activation

Hi Austin,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Before changing the Motherboard, was Windows 10 activated?

You just need to activate Windows 10. Refer the link below.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU

• TPM

• Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD

• Video card

• Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation, New motherboard and CPU

1. Windows 10 Activation, New motherboard and CPU - Similar Threads - Activation motherboard CPU

2. Activated retail windows 10 on new motherboard/cpu successfully, motherboard dies, can't...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activated retail windows 10 on new motherboard/cpu successfully, motherboard dies, can't...: So last month I upgraded my cpu and motherboard. I transferred my retail windows 10 over to the new system using the usb tool. It worked great and I was able to activate windows. Two weeks later my motherboard dies and I order a new one. I swap the motherboardsI do not...
  3. Windows 10 installing new motherboard/cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installing new motherboard/cpu: Can I use the same windows install on my hard drive with a new mother board and cpu? The license key wont be an issue. Do I need a fresh windows install? Thanks!...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Activation after new cpu and motherboard

Windows 10 Pro Activation after new cpu and motherboard: I have a brand new product key and it's the same edition. I am trying to activate windows and it keeps popping up with unable to activate windows. "something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and try again....
  5. Windows 10 Activation on New Motherboard

Windows 10 Activation on New Motherboard: I am currently looking into upgrading my motherboard that supports a specific CPU. I know that the Windows 10 license is associated with the motherboard I have currently. Am I going to run into any problems trying to pass Windows 10 onto a new motherboard? I do not want to...
  6. windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.

windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.: today i decided to install a new motherboard and cpu becuase my old motherboard stopped working and after installing windows 10 and running all the updates it wont let me activate. i get error code 0x803FA067....
  7. Got a new motherboard/cpu...activation issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Got a new motherboard/cpu...activation issues.: I didn't think this would happen, and it's annoying me now. First of all the Windows 10 I have is the free upgraded version. Not only that, but the troubleshooting option and choosing the hardware change doesn't work. It tells me it can't connect to the servers and to try...
  8. Activating Windows 10 on a new motherboard

Activating Windows 10 on a new motherboard: Sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a few questions. I am upgrading my motherboard soon, and from what I understand, windows keys are tied to the motherboard and not the hard drive. Is this correct? I have a windows 7 OEM copy; disc/key is with me. I...
  9. Windows 10 activation with new motherboard

Windows 10 activation with new motherboard: I've tried contacting Microsoft support by both chat (twice) and phone, and none of it was helpful. And so I'm posting the problem here. I have a laptop that was originally running Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 last month via the free upgrade option, and things were...
  10. New motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    New motherboard and CPU: Ok I think I am having to give up on what on earth is wrong with my Ivy Bridge build (2012) and replace the board (and CPU) with either of these Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming3 ATX 1151 Motherboard GA-Z170X-Gaming3 | shopping express online (impressive price) or Gigabyte...