Windows 10: Windows 10 activation not there after rebuilding a new pc but keeping the same hard drive...

Discus and support Windows 10 activation not there after rebuilding a new pc but keeping the same hard drive... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I upgraded my pc who had windows 10 pro, after I build my new pc with the same hard drive and processor it isn't activated which is weird and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pandapsychic, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation not there after rebuilding a new pc but keeping the same hard drive...

So I upgraded my pc who had windows 10 pro, after I build my new pc with the same hard drive and processor it isn't activated which is weird and I don't know what to do.

:)

Pandapsychic, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2019
  3. How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

1) Verify it is activated by right-clicking on the start button, selecting System, scroll down to the bottom, and it should say "Windows is activated." If it does not, make sure the computer has internet access, click on activate windows now and then close it when it asks for a key. Let it sit there for a few minutes and it should switch to activated. Microsoft now has a hardware ID for you Windows 7 upgrade.

2) Install Windows 10 from the install media (likely one of the ISOs). Make sure the ISO matches what was originally installed and activated. For example, don't use a Win 10 Pro ISO to install Win 10 Home. It won't work activate.

3) Once you get back into Windows, repeat step #1 when the system has internet access. It should automatically grab the key and activate.

Windows 10 can install without a key. It just assumes trial mode if you do.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 activation not there after rebuilding a new pc but keeping the same hard drive...

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation not there after rebuilding a new pc but keeping the same hard drive...

1. Windows 10 activation not there after rebuilding a new pc but keeping the same hard drive... - Similar Threads - activation rebuilding keeping

2. Getting windows ready on a new PC with the same Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows ready on a new PC with the same Hard Drive: I'm going to be replacing everything in my PC except my ram, GPU and hard drive. I'll also be getting a new part that I don't currently have which is an SSD. I checked and windows is on my hard drive. Once I have everything put together what do I do from there to make sure...
  3. Getting windows ready on a new PC with the same Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows ready on a new PC with the same Hard Drive: I'm going to be replacing everything in my PC except my ram, GPU and hard drive. I'll also be getting a new part that I don't currently have which is an SSD. I checked and windows is on my hard drive. Once I have everything put together what do I do from there to make sure...
  4. Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive: Cheers everyone,I recently had a bit of trouble with the reliability of my hard drive, so I decided to buy a new SSD and move al my system there.After research on the internet, I found, that a "recovery device" should be able to transfer my windows from one drive to the next....
  5. Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive: Cheers everyone,I recently had a bit of trouble with the reliability of my hard drive, so I decided to buy a new SSD and move al my system there.After research on the internet, I found, that a "recovery device" should be able to transfer my windows from one drive to the next....
  6. Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Cannot activate Windows 10 after custom PC rebuild

Cannot activate Windows 10 after custom PC rebuild: Hi, recently we rebuilt my PC from scratch - new motherboard, CPU, etc, minus the hard drive. Prior to this I made sure that my copy of Windows 10 was linked to my Microsoft account. I guess here is where I made my fatal mistake, because I forgot to write down my product key....
  8. windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild

windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild: i recently rebuilt my PC, leaving the SSD as the only part transferred over. i knew this could mess up my activation, so i linked my windows installation to my Microsoft account. however when i booted up the PC, it wasn't activated. i tried all of the troubleshooting tips i...
  9. Install New Hard Drive in Same PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install New Hard Drive in Same PC: The HDD in the machine is obviously dying -- very slow, noises, etc. I have a new, larger HDD and there is an empty 3.5 slot. Can I install the new drive and then clone the old drive to the new and be able to boot from the new one? 116691
  10. Need to Activate Windows after getting a new PC and keeping my hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to Activate Windows after getting a new PC and keeping my hard drive: I first got my computer 4+ years ago and 2 years ago I made my own custom built PC, I didnt keep any of my hardware besides my hard drive. Ever sense then I have had a Activate Windows watermark on my screen in the bottom right corner. I have always had to make due without...