Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HI All, i working as IT Manager for Hospitality group, i had few computers (7) got update issue with windows 7 so i have restore them from the image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ahmed.Moussa1, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7

HI All,

i working as IT Manager for Hospitality group, i had few computers (7) got update issue with windows 7 so i have restore them from the image then i have upgrade them using the upgrade DVD to win 10, but all of them did not get activated, in the other side i have upgraded around15 working PC using the same DVD and all of them got activated, may you help me to get this activated or to know why it's not getting activated?

Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7 4267c7cd-1552-4f91-ab97-26b37dceec08?upload=true.png

:)

Ahmed.Moussa1, Nov 4, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7

windows 7 8 or 10

We can kick Windows 8.1 to the curb right away. Windows 10, in tablet mode, is effectively identical...not that I would recommend using tablet mode.

The only advantage Windows 8.1 has over Windows 10 is Windows Media Center. Windows 10 doesn't have it and likely will never support it. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbox One and use that, instead of your computer, for media, and then stream it to your Windows 10 machine from the Xbox One. Windows Media Center on 7 seems to not be getting updates anymore (worked off of Vista guide info which shut down). Windows Media Center on 8.1 costs $10 to upgrade on Pro or $100 to upgrade on Home.

The Windows 7 upgrade (should still work for about 10 months yet) requires:
    1) Install Windows 7.
    2) Activate Windows 7.
    3) Upgrade to Windows 10.
    4) Activate Windows 10.
    At this point, you could either stay with Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 by doing a clean install.

Personally, I would go with Windows 10. It has some bugs but it is pretty good overall.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7

1. Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7 - Similar Threads - Activation working upgrade

2. Realtek sound not working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek sound not working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10: I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Realtek sound output isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-sound-not-working-after-upgrade-from/398a0cee-0241-4bfe-a0ca-7a90e7464c28
  3. windows 10 not activated after a free upgrade from an activated windows 7 years ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 not activated after a free upgrade from an activated windows 7 years ago: Hi there, just recently found out that my free upgraded windows 10 from an activated windows 7 now says that im not activated. not sure how long its said this but I'm trying to fix. i do have the original windows 7 sticker on the original box when i purchased the pc...
  4. Activation of windows 10 home after upgrade from 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of windows 10 home after upgrade from 7: I just got a new ssd to replace my old had and installed it in my Sony vaio and installed windows 10 with my USB bootable drive. I tried to activate using the original product key under the battery on the vaio for windows 7 premium and it says servers aren't available right...
  5. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 not working: I purchased an upgrade for Windows 10, currently using Windows 7 on a Dell PC. It seemed to install well but when I log in I get a blank/black screen. Ctrl+alt+del gives an error message of "failure to display security and shutdown options". I've restarted several times,...
  6. ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7

ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7: CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CANT USE MY PRODUCT KEY FROM WINDOW 7 ULTIMATE TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 10 PRO FREE UPGRADE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-10-after-free-upgrading-from/282f861b-a36d-44c6-9b73-f0e32f2e5453"
  7. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  8. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but Will not Activate!

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but Will not Activate!: Hi, A couple of months ago I decided to finally upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I didn't do a clean install, I just went through the upgrade process. Everything went smoothly, and I've been loving everything about windows 10 since then, but today it started to...
  9. Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7: Tried restarting both services relating to Audio as well and no luck. I can't even access Sound via Control Panel. There's a red x over the speaker icon in my taskbar. Can't even use my microphone. This issue wasn't present until I installed Windows 10. I try restarting...
  10. Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7: I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net cable to check if it works...