Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation on two PCs

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation on two PCs in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; For Christmas, I built a new PC with some parts I was using on my PC before. Bought New - Motherboard, RAM, Processor Used from Old PC - Graphics Card,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by someguy1717, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Activation on two PCs

For Christmas, I built a new PC with some parts I was using on my PC before. Bought New - Motherboard, RAM, Processor Used from Old PC - Graphics Card, PSU, SSD with Windows installed.

When I got the new PC, I didn’t wipe and reinstall Windows on the SSD I was using before, but I just plugged it in and opened the PC with it to keep all my files and documents. I got a new SSD for the other computer so others in my family could still use it, installing Windows 10 fresh onto the drive. However, the SSD being used in the new PC says Windows 10 hasn’t been activated. I know this can be normal with a lot of hardware changes to the same device, but what’s strange is that the NEW SSD (that just had Windows installed) for the old PC is activated and fine. I’m not looking to buy a new copy of Windows and I don’t care if the little watermark in the corner is on the other computer, I just want Windows on my new computer to be activated. The troubleshooter in Settings does nothing, so is there any way to move the activation between systems?

:)

someguy1717, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 27, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Activation on two PCs

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation on two PCs

1. Windows 10 Activation on two PCs - Similar Threads - Activation PCs

2. How to activate windows 11 when microsoft account thinks the same pc is two different pcs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows 11 when microsoft account thinks the same pc is two different pcs: So I bought a windows 11 pro key after making a number of hardware changes motherboard, cpu, graphics card, ram and windows allowed me to update to windows 11 last night. This morning it is now saying I need to activate windows 11 but my product key is already in use on...
  3. How to activate windows 11 when microsoft account thinks the same pc is two different pcs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to activate windows 11 when microsoft account thinks the same pc is two different pcs: So I bought a windows 11 pro key after making a number of hardware changes motherboard, cpu, graphics card, ram and windows allowed me to update to windows 11 last night. This morning it is now saying I need to activate windows 11 but my product key is already in use on...
  4. Activate Windows License on Domain PCs/Laptops via CMD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows License on Domain PCs/Laptops via CMD: I am trying to activate Windows on Domain Laptops using CMD to save time and effort, but whenever I use slmgr /ato I get the error "DNS-Name does not exist". I've already tried setting the activation domain, but this didn't really help. Also to note, when activating it using...
  5. Activate Windows License on Domain PCs/Laptops via CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows License on Domain PCs/Laptops via CMD: I am trying to activate Windows on Domain Laptops using CMD to save time and effort, but whenever I use slmgr /ato I get the error "DNS-Name does not exist". I've already tried setting the activation domain, but this didn't really help. Also to note, when activating it using...
  6. Activate Windows License on Domain PCs/Laptops via CMD

7. How do I activate Windows offline for multiple PCs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate Windows offline for multiple PCs?: Recently, Microsoft changed their website for activating Windows offline. You can call the number, they text you a link, and that link is only good for one PC. Why has Microsoft changed the website to only be good for one PC?I have hundreds of PCs that I have to activate...
  8. How do I activate Windows offline for multiple PCs?

How do I activate Windows offline for multiple PCs?: Recently, Microsoft changed their website for activating Windows offline. You can call the number, they text you a link, and that link is only good for one PC. Why has Microsoft changed the website to only be good for one PC?I have hundreds of PCs that I have to activate...
  9. How do I activate Windows offline for multiple PCs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Can't attach PCs to Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't attach PCs to Active Directory: I work as a volunteer in a local charity using Active Directory. I often build PCs installing Windows 10 currently. I install it as a LOCAL administrator to the PC and NOT an MS Account. When have built the PC the last step is attach it to the Active Directory. But I keep...