Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation problem after Windows Reset

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation problem after Windows Reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I originally had a genuine Windows 7 Home on my PC, and when Windows 10 was launched I got the free upgrade and been running smoothly since then.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MazenJoha, Jan 2, 2021.

1. MazenJoha Win User

Windows 10 Activation problem after Windows Reset

Hi,

I originally had a genuine Windows 7 Home on my PC, and when Windows 10 was launched I got the free upgrade and been running smoothly since then. Couple of days ago I did a Windows reset, and apparently with the latest update 20H2.I did NO changes to the hardware since my original build.

Yesterday a full screen blue message appeared that I have to activate Windows when I leave the PC for a while. In Activation Settings a message shows:

Windows 10 Activation problem after Windows Reset 34dacd3a-c61a-4384-a21f-c0311d7a4855?upload=true.png

Clicking on Troubleshoot shows the following message:

Windows 10 Activation problem after Windows Reset 41e0b759-6630-4ceb-a027-703ab838b515?upload=true.png

some posts suggested that it might be an error with Software Protection service, and checking it under services I can see that it's not running Startup type is set to Automatic Delayed Start, Trigger Start, trying to manually start the service gives me the following message:

Windows 10 Activation problem after Windows Reset d316e28c-b4f9-471c-b96d-6ed27b5c2265?upload=true.png

I tried all the suggestions related to that error, like taking ownership of sppsvc.exe or changing the permissions of the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform" but had no luck.

Running slmgr.vbs /dli gives the following:

Windows 10 Activation problem after Windows Reset 509519cd-8079-4548-b0fe-9a0673486553?upload=true.png

running the command in the message does not show anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

:)

MazenJoha, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Activation problem after Windows Reset - Similar Threads - Activation problem Reset

2. Problems after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems after resetting windows 10: My PC won’t let me log into my user through pin, and when I go into safe mode with networking, it takes a long time to load before giving me a white screen with just my cursor and nothing else. When I try to install a new windows from a usb, it doesn’t do anything, and when I...
  3. windows 10 Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 Activation after reset: I am currently using windows 10. I didn't activate windows 10. if I reset my computer will it ask to activate windows or will I be able to use it as before ?...
  4. windows 10 Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 Activation after reset: I am currently using windows 10. I didn't activate windows 10. if I reset my computer will it ask to activate windows or will I be able to use it as before ?...
  5. windows 10 Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Activation windows 10 after resetting the windows

Activation windows 10 after resetting the windows: Hello. I received my laptop last night but the windows has a problem so I had to reset the windows from setting/update & security/recovery/reset this pc. But after the resetting, windows is not activated. What should I do? before resetting the Product ID in setting/update &...
  7. Problem with Windows activation on Laptop after reset

Problem with Windows activation on Laptop after reset: Hello, I was using my Asus laptop with built in Windows 10 with no problems. It was able to activate itself after resets without any issues. Last week I did a reset and now I see Windows 10 home written on the lower right of my screen and I am not able to perform...
  8. Windows 10 not activating after reset

Windows 10 not activating after reset: My laptop received a firmware update a few days ago which caused it to crash during boot, So I had to reset it. However, after reset, It keeps telling me to activate windows. My laptop came with a built-in activation which is digitally linked to my Microsoft account. The...
  9. Windows 10 Activation After Reset

Windows 10 Activation After Reset: I am having trouble activating windows after a system reset after programs became unstable and unusable and reinstalling them did not work well. We have a digital license from the free upgrade on this computer and I had actually activated it a week ago after a reset and...
  10. windows 10 activation after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 activation after reset: I have recently reset my windows 10 that was original on my laptop since I have bought it. I tried to activate it but I couldn't. I found my key using command below: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey Then as I entered it I got this message: "We...