Windows 10: Windows 10 activation problem due to unsuccessful install of updates

Discus and support Windows 10 activation problem due to unsuccessful install of updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have a genuine windows 10 os bought almost an year back. Recently I have got updates to install on it after which I am getting windows is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bharathd1, Oct 27, 2019.

1. bharathd1 Win User

Windows 10 activation problem due to unsuccessful install of updates

Hi,

I have a genuine windows 10 os bought almost an year back. Recently I have got updates to install on it after which I am getting windows is not activated. When I troubleshoot the problem it is showing error code: 0x80004005 and while I try to install the updates it shows 'we could not complete the updates, undoing changes do not turn off your computer'. I tried many solutions shown in internet but none of them succeeded, I do not have the product key with me right now to activate either. Kindly give me a solution for this. Thanks

:)

bharathd1, Oct 27, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 27, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 activation problem due to unsuccessful install of updates

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation problem due to unsuccessful install of updates

1. Windows 10 activation problem due to unsuccessful install of updates - Similar Threads - activation problem due

2. Windows 10 update KB5032278 unsuccessful.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update KB5032278 unsuccessful.: I have been attempting to install Windows 10 update KB5032278 for several weeks now with no success. I receive the same error each time, 0x80070057. My OS is windows 10 version 22H2. Scandisk and trouble shooter unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Windows 10 update KB5032278 unsuccessful.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update KB5032278 unsuccessful.: I have been attempting to install Windows 10 update KB5032278 for several weeks now with no success. I receive the same error each time, 0x80070057. My OS is windows 10 version 22H2. Scandisk and trouble shooter unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. Windows 10 update KB5032278 unsuccessful.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Update backlog due to inability to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update backlog due to inability to install: Why is this OS and its designers so inept? Why make this an overly complicated and drawn out process to install a few updates. I'd really love to know how these MS "engineers" still have jobs.Currently trying to install 3 individual updates. 2 have already been "successfully"...
  6. Windows installation unsuccessful

Windows installation unsuccessful: Dear ****munity, I am having trouble and a real bad day because of it with my laptop. I had windows 10 installed on it, but after a recent windows update it appeared to freeze on occasion, to which the only answer was to hold down the power button to turn it off. Today I...
  7. My Unsuccessful Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Unsuccessful Windows Update: Hello there, I need a help Basically I'm stuck in Windows 10 BSOD, I explained the issue in r/techsupport please help me submitted by /u/Mrboi8989 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/go2q8s/my_unsuccessful_windows_update/
  8. regarding re-activation of Windows 10 due to update of BIOS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    regarding re-activation of Windows 10 due to update of BIOS: I purchased the HP laptop in 2016. From past few days , it is showing "Activate windows". Since I have purchased this from you and I do not have the product key it was updated via digital signature , kindly provide me the key, so that I can activate it....
  9. i'm trying to activate my windows 10 but unsuccessful

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i'm trying to activate my windows 10 but unsuccessful: Split from this thread. hi i'm trying to activate my windows 10 but unsuccessful. i don't have my product key and as well a digital license. i have no idea how to activate. can you help me please. thanks have a great day !...
  10. Faulty battery might cause a unsuccessful Windows 10 installation.

Faulty battery might cause a unsuccessful Windows 10 installation.: I have a Lenovo Z710 laptop with a defective battery. After 2 failed attempts to install Windows 10, I tried again, this time I uninstalled Avast antivirus and disconnected from the Internet when Windows 10 was downloaded. I also removed my laptop defective battery. On...