Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone...

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back on July 29, when Microsoft finally pressed the green button and made its new OS available for insiders and upgraders, many experienced Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone...

Source

:)

labeeman, Aug 7, 2015
  2. jayananth Win User

When will windows 10 officially come for phone

Original Title: windows 10 for phone

Hello Microsoft pls tell when windows 10 officially come for phone. Everyone wants to know this. Pls immediately tell Microsoft

jayananth, Aug 7, 2015
  3. FurAlex Win User
    Windows 10 Activation Problem

Hello everyone.

I have a problem with activation of Windows 10 Pro. You see, I reinstalled Windows 10 Insider Preview x64 build 10162 in the beginning of July. And I didn't know that at that moment Microsoft blocked activation keys( And now I have un-activated version of
    Windows 10 Pro. And I'm Windows Insider. Can you help me?(

FurAlex, Aug 7, 2015
  4. gzt7d8 Win User

Hmmm, makes me want to wait a bit longer before I do a clean install.

So the key that Win 10 creates from the upgrade doesn't work, correct? Do we have to let MS activate the clean install?

gzt7d8, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    Actually the Best way to Clean Install after the Upgrade is to
    RESET PC and keep nothing

Although there are still many upgrade failures and activation issues

Kyhi, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Jairus24 Win User
    If you successfully activated your Windows 10 coming from an upgrade, you can do clean install just fine, at least for my case it does. I did a clean install (not reset) and I just skipped the product key and my copy automatically activated itself as soon as I am connected to the internet.

Jairus24, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Kyhi Win User
    But not always the case..

Kyhi, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone...

I wonder, if people having activation issues used MS account? It might help.

First time 10 refused to activated again after reinstall, so I went through the whole process and used validated MS account at all times, then I switched to a local account, so far it works. I am just left with 2 unremovable devices on my account.

MS simple solution: Wait, ... wait a little longer, ... buy a new licence, we do not care. *Rolleyes

TairikuOkami, Aug 7, 2015
  9. BillGates Win User
    i was one of those people..
    finally figured out the trick yesterday..
    i don't trust Microsoft so avoid communicating with them as much as possible.

If anyone is still having problems or is considering doing a clean install,
    i highly recommend reading this tutorial.

BillGates, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Mocambo Win User
    Anyway, I think is better to wait some time before doing a Factory Reset or a Clean Install on you upgraded Win 10, the OS being activated means nothing, the hardware association with your MSA could lag behind, do updates and some reboots, wait some time.

check you winver and compare with the devices associated into your MSA, that could help to understand what is going on, and maybe have a clue to spot where the licence is effectively alligned to the MSA.

Mocambo, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Strange. I did a clean reinstall on that day and my system activated fine. What happens if you reinstall the old OS then do the GWX upgrade?

FuturDreamz, Aug 7, 2015
  12. I've done a clean install, skipped entering a key, and it activated OK. Originally upgraded from Windows 7 on that PC via the Media Creation Tool. I created my install media for the clean install with the MCT too.

alphanumeric, Aug 7, 2015
  13. Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone...

I finally managed to get my W10 to Activate.

lehnerus2000, Aug 7, 2015
  14. Joanne Win User
    Here is my experience:

In the beginning, before the official release, I was an insider using my MS account, of course, dual booting with Win 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

Then:
    1) I upgraded from Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium to Windows 10 Home (64 bit).
    2) Right away, I clean installed Windows 10 Home using the ISO I've downloaded with the Media Creation Tool.
    3) A day or two later I realized that 10 Home is not good enough for me and that I need Win 10 Pro.
    4) I clean installed Windows 8.1 Pro and fully updated it.
    5) I upgraded Win 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.
    6) I clean installed Windows 10 Pro. I am customizing it since then, and I am using it as my MAIN OS. I have never used an MS account.
    7) I clean installed Windows 10 Pro again on my second SSD, leaving it untouched and using my MS account, it is set to the fast ring and I wish to use it as an Insider.

For as long as I was upgrading first and then clean-installing I have never faced any activation issue.

Joanne, Aug 7, 2015
  15. Mocambo Win User
    Hey Joanne,

- did you format and clean install inserting the MS Account during the installation or you created a local user then signed in with the MSA after?
    - you was connected to the internet while installing?
    - windows+R > winver , the user showed in this window reflect the local username, your MSA, or just microsoft?

Thanks.

Mocambo, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone... - Similar Threads - Activation Problems Continue

2. Microsoft continues to ignore everyone about Blue tooth connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft continues to ignore everyone about Blue tooth connections: There are so many post and thread from YEARS about people hating blue tooth auto connect, why does Microsoft continue to ignore this simple issue? All the insane changes they made between OS and they want us to believe they can't change blue tooth? Is there some where we can...
  3. Microsoft continues to ignore everyone about Blue tooth connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft continues to ignore everyone about Blue tooth connections: There are so many post and thread from YEARS about people hating blue tooth auto connect, why does Microsoft continue to ignore this simple issue? All the insane changes they made between OS and they want us to believe they can't change blue tooth? Is there some where we can...
  4. Telling Everyone truth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Telling Everyone truth: I wanted to make this public so I can help. If you notice every solution is nearly same from MS. They control you and there is nothing you can do. Thats where they are wrong. They force you to login, force you to update, force you to have Office license.TAKE YOUR POWER BACK I...
  5. Telling Everyone truth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Telling Everyone truth: I wanted to make this public so I can help. If you notice every solution is nearly same from MS. They control you and there is nothing you can do. Thats where they are wrong. They force you to login, force you to update, force you to have Office license.TAKE YOUR POWER BACK I...
  6. Telling Everyone truth

7. Continued Problems Activating

Continued Problems Activating: Hello,I recently upgraded my computer and installed Windows 10 from a flash drive. As I no longer had the product key, I was continually unable to activate Windows 10. I recently purchased a genuine version of Windows 10 from newegg.com because the Microsoft store would not...
  8. Continued Problems Activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Continued Problems Activating: Hello,I recently upgraded my computer and installed Windows 10 from a flash drive. As I no longer had the product key, I was continually unable to activate Windows 10. I recently purchased a genuine version of Windows 10 from newegg.com because the Microsoft store would not...
  9. Continued Problems Activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I...: {;ease see the subject which is here: My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I have to continually change the password. Why is this occurring? It appears that I am doing soemthing wrong. Please help!...