Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone...

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hey , - did you format and clean install inserting the MS Account during the installation or you created a local user then signed in with the MSA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Joanne Win User

Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone...

Hi,

Clean installation, for me, always means installing the OS on an unallocated SSD. So, I always delete the volumes and the partitions of my SSDs before any clean OS installation.

On the other hand, right after the clean installation I always install the required drivers for my configuration, which I keep in my USB 2.0 stick (thumb drive). These drivers are always installed in a specific order, like this: .INF, IME, AHCI driver, LAN driver, NVIDIA driver, and later the SoundCard driver. So, I never have an active Internet connection available during the clean installation of any Operating System. Until the LAN driver is installed I do not have an Internet connection. All my Win 10 installations have been activated a few minutes (or even seconds) after the connection became available.

Finally, I always use a local account to start.
    On my TP installation I switched to my MS account right after I've finished with the installation of all the drivers and the Updates.

Here is my current build:

Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone... [​IMG]

Joanne, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Mocambo Win User

Thank you

Mocambo, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Snakeyes Win User
    Here's a possibly dumb question. Would appreciate any feedback.

I have my existing PC upgraded and activated. My OS is on an SSD. I happen to have an identical SSD that has just been secure erased. If I were to do a clean install on this SSD would my activation still remain valid as Microsoft would have my system specs on their system.

Snakeyes, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

That tutorial is not accessible. I get this:

Ztruker, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Carsomyr Win User
    I have done both with no problems at all. On my laptop (HP Pavilion e010us, Win8.1) I upgraded with the media creation tool, then afterwards I reset the PC and kept nothing. Installed latest drivers for all hardware, and installed some of the HP software I wanted to keep (i.e. coolsense, 3D driveguard, system utilities, etc). On my desktop (See specs, Win7ult) I again upgraded via the media creation tool, and I was actually gonna leave it alone, but it was acting weird (i.e. it would boot slower than the preview, to a black screen, make the win7 startup chime, stay black for another ~10-20 seconds, then show the logon screen) so I decided to wipe the whole drive and do a clean install. I used the media creation tool to make a DVD, wiped all the partitions, and it installed without a hitch (except for the Nvidia drivers but that is because they are broke as hell and has nothing to do with Win10 *Tongue). I used my live account for the upgrade on my laptop and the clean install on my desktop, but during the initial upgrade on the desktop I was still using my local win7 account.

Carsomyr, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    Yes, if you swap out the SSD's

7. Kyhi Win User
    Because his post was removed by admin

8. Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone...

Looks like the thread was deleted? Probably for a good reason. Is this trick to install this app legal? What's to stop anybody from installing it, even if they never had it to begin with? I'm thinking it could get 10 Forums in trouble.

alphanumeric, Aug 8, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    First... Softpedia... they're idiots.

Second, nearly every case of failed activation I've seen can be accounted for by one of a few cases.

1) Clean install first - obviously, this won't work

2) Did not wait for upgrade to be activated before clean installing

3) Upgrade first, then attempting to clean install with wrong edition (Pro media from a Home activation, for instance). Many people mistakenly create the wrong media, then use that same wrong media over and over and get frustrated that its not working.

4) Upgraded first (or not), then used some key finding utility to find the key, then attempting to use this key when installing clean - This shouldn't even accept the key, but apparently it does accept it for some people, then activation fails usually with blocked key msg.

5) activation server overload. This just takes time to activate, usually after a clean install after first upgrading. You can attempt to use slmgr /ato to force re-activation and eventually activation will succeed.

6) Some people ended up with networking that doesn't work correctly after the upgrade, this prevents activation as well. So their original upgrade did not activate before they started a clean install. This is really an extension of #2.

Activation is something that shouldn't vary from system to system, it can only fail for one of a few reasons. If you're doing a clean install generally speaking, it means you either didn't originally get your system upgraded, or you have clean installed with the wrong media, or the servers are just failing.

Mystere, Aug 8, 2015
  10. RonCFL Win User
    My w10 upgrading went through ok ... and when I rolled back to w8 ..it activated itself ...

Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone... [​IMG]

RonCFL, Aug 8, 2015
  11. XweAponX Win User
    Dang, it took my Windows 7 activation no problem! It was activated the moment I was done upgrading.

I had reserved an activation, and I was supposed to wait for the installer to be loaded into my system. But they were taking way too long to get it to me so I found an untouched ISO image and used that. Looks like updates are activating correctly but not clean installs.

XweAponX, Aug 8, 2015
  12. Upgrade, then clean reinstall. Clean install without upgrading first will not activate.

FuturDreamz, Aug 8, 2015
  13. chucksim1 Win User

I upgraded a purchased retail copy of Windows 8.1 through the app last night and it still hasn't activated. I am getting the 0xC004C003 error message and am waitng for awhile per everything I am reading online. It's a little frustrating but not surprising because of the sheer number of people upgrading.

chucksim1, Aug 8, 2015
  14. Mystere Win User
    If you are still using the upgraded version (did not clean install) then something is wrong. It should be activated almost immediately, and have never heard of anyone getting that error with an upgrade, unless they are using a pirated key or something like that.

Mystere, Aug 8, 2015
  15. Hwalker1 Win User
    Sorry to ask what is probably a silly question, but just how do you get the software to do a clean install on an existing system, and what exactly do do you men by a clean install?

Hwalker1, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone... - Similar Threads - Activation Problems Continue

2. Microsoft continues to ignore everyone about Blue tooth connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft continues to ignore everyone about Blue tooth connections: There are so many post and thread from YEARS about people hating blue tooth auto connect, why does Microsoft continue to ignore this simple issue? All the insane changes they made between OS and they want us to believe they can't change blue tooth? Is there some where we can...
  3. Microsoft continues to ignore everyone about Blue tooth connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft continues to ignore everyone about Blue tooth connections: There are so many post and thread from YEARS about people hating blue tooth auto connect, why does Microsoft continue to ignore this simple issue? All the insane changes they made between OS and they want us to believe they can't change blue tooth? Is there some where we can...
  4. Telling Everyone truth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Telling Everyone truth: I wanted to make this public so I can help. If you notice every solution is nearly same from MS. They control you and there is nothing you can do. Thats where they are wrong. They force you to login, force you to update, force you to have Office license.TAKE YOUR POWER BACK I...
  5. Telling Everyone truth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Telling Everyone truth: I wanted to make this public so I can help. If you notice every solution is nearly same from MS. They control you and there is nothing you can do. Thats where they are wrong. They force you to login, force you to update, force you to have Office license.TAKE YOUR POWER BACK I...
  6. Telling Everyone truth

7. Continued Problems Activating

Continued Problems Activating: Hello,I recently upgraded my computer and installed Windows 10 from a flash drive. As I no longer had the product key, I was continually unable to activate Windows 10. I recently purchased a genuine version of Windows 10 from newegg.com because the Microsoft store would not...
  8. Continued Problems Activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Continued Problems Activating: Hello,I recently upgraded my computer and installed Windows 10 from a flash drive. As I no longer had the product key, I was continually unable to activate Windows 10. I recently purchased a genuine version of Windows 10 from newegg.com because the Microsoft store would not...
  9. Continued Problems Activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I...: {;ease see the subject which is here: My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I have to continually change the password. Why is this occurring? It appears that I am doing soemthing wrong. Please help!...