Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone...

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Sorry to ask what is probably a silly question, but just how do you get the software to do a clean install on an existing system, and what exactly do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Mystere Win User

Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone...

If you download the install CD from Microsoft, you can install the OS and wipe everything that's on the disk. This is a "clean install" because it deletes everything.

Mystere, Aug 8, 2015
  2. chucksim1 Win User

I don't see how it could be pirated as this is a retail copy I purchased from best buy. It is installed on a Dell 530s that originally came with XP, but the system I am upgrading is legal.

chucksim1, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Have you used that Product key on more than one PC?

alphanumeric, Aug 9, 2015
  4. chucksim1 Win User

No, just the Dell. I have already upgraded it once, reverted back to 8.1 for the same problem I am having now, and tried again as I am curious about Windows 10. I have 2 more computers that have original OEM versions of Windows 7 Pro I would like to upgrade, but wanted to try it out on the Dell first as it is the least used. As I stated, though, the system I am upgrading is a retail version of Windows 8.1 only installed on one PC.

chucksim1, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Ok, I finally figured it out. You bought a Retail Windows 8.1 DVD, installed that, then upgraded to Windows 10, and it won't activate. I originally thought you bought a retail Windows 10 to upgrade a windows 8.1 PC with. Actually sounded like two systems the way your post was worded, well to me it did. Now I think I'm on the same page though. Did you make sure the Windows 8.1 install was activated before doing the upgrade to 10?

6. chucksim1 Win User
    Yes, I specifically checked that when I reverted back to 8.1. I might not have worded the messages correctly which caused confusion. I know most people having activation problems successfully activated on the upgrade and had problems with the clean install. Mine won't activate on the upgrade. I will likely wait a few days to see if it clears up and if it doesn't, either call Microsoft, which seems to have mixed results for people, or clean install 8.1 again and try to upgrade again, but that seems extreme. I hope it activates, because I like what I see so far in Windows 10.

chucksim1, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Good luck, I don't have any suggestions at this time.

8. LEE
    Lee Win User

Upgraded on day one, and just finished with a clean install. . .The activation from the time of install to activation was just ten minutes. . . *Smile

9. I installed a 10240 pro windows 10 yesterday, fresh install and at all went ok, I did install 10130, upgrade to 10160 or 10166 i don't remember well and then did upgrade to 10240. All this with MS account.
    Today I decided to reinstall and first time I checked it was activated while installing updates. This time I did skip both key screens
    Still activated as far as now

scandal1981, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Activation Problems Continue, Microsoft Tells Everyone... - Similar Threads - Activation Problems Continue

2. Microsoft continues to ignore everyone about Blue tooth connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft continues to ignore everyone about Blue tooth connections: There are so many post and thread from YEARS about people hating blue tooth auto connect, why does Microsoft continue to ignore this simple issue? All the insane changes they made between OS and they want us to believe they can't change blue tooth? Is there some where we can...
  3. Microsoft continues to ignore everyone about Blue tooth connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft continues to ignore everyone about Blue tooth connections: There are so many post and thread from YEARS about people hating blue tooth auto connect, why does Microsoft continue to ignore this simple issue? All the insane changes they made between OS and they want us to believe they can't change blue tooth? Is there some where we can...
  4. Telling Everyone truth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Telling Everyone truth: I wanted to make this public so I can help. If you notice every solution is nearly same from MS. They control you and there is nothing you can do. Thats where they are wrong. They force you to login, force you to update, force you to have Office license.TAKE YOUR POWER BACK I...
  5. Telling Everyone truth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Telling Everyone truth: I wanted to make this public so I can help. If you notice every solution is nearly same from MS. They control you and there is nothing you can do. Thats where they are wrong. They force you to login, force you to update, force you to have Office license.TAKE YOUR POWER BACK I...
  6. Telling Everyone truth

7. Continued Problems Activating

Continued Problems Activating: Hello,I recently upgraded my computer and installed Windows 10 from a flash drive. As I no longer had the product key, I was continually unable to activate Windows 10. I recently purchased a genuine version of Windows 10 from newegg.com because the Microsoft store would not...
  8. Continued Problems Activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Continued Problems Activating: Hello,I recently upgraded my computer and installed Windows 10 from a flash drive. As I no longer had the product key, I was continually unable to activate Windows 10. I recently purchased a genuine version of Windows 10 from newegg.com because the Microsoft store would not...
  9. Continued Problems Activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I...: {;ease see the subject which is here: My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I have to continually change the password. Why is this occurring? It appears that I am doing soemthing wrong. Please help!...