Windows 10: Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key

Discus and support Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought my laptop with Windows 10 already installed. It worked fine to begin with but, after a few months it started showing the message "Activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by StuartMcGowan, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key

I bought my laptop with Windows 10 already installed. It worked fine to begin with but, after a few months it started showing the message "Activate Windows". I have not made any hardware changes to the laptop (I wouldn't know how!) so not sure why it suddenly needed activating again.

When I tried to input the original product key that I was given, I got a message saying that the key I had input didn't work. and gave error code 0x80041023

Can anyone please advise what I can do? Thank you.

:)

StuartMcGowan, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 17, 2019
  3. RJScottNT Win User
    Wont' accept product key of activation of window 10

have new computer with new windows 10 but can't activate will not accept product key

RJScottNT, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key

1. Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key - Similar Threads - activation problems accepting

2. Windows 10 install not accepting my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 install not accepting my product key: Hello, I had a 6TB disk with multiple Windows 10 VMs on them. Restoring the VMs and trying to start, then connecting to them failed I decided to just rebuild the VMs I originally created the VMs, and saved each machine's name and key in a file. Today...
  3. Windows 10 installs but refuses to accept Product Key

Windows 10 installs but refuses to accept Product Key: I was running a copy of Windows 10 for Education, obtained from my former employer, whose license expired. Yesterday I bought a copy of Win10 Home from the Store, downloaded and installed. All went well - but today it tells me that my license is still invalid and when I...
  4. Acceptable activation serial key

Acceptable activation serial key: I have/had installed on a number of computers, Windows 10 Enterprise x64 90 day evaluation edition. They are all expired by now, but still function for an hour or so I believe. I finally may be near buying serials keys for all the computers. The question is; Can I buy x64...
  5. Windows not accepting product key

Windows not accepting product key: Hello, I seem to be having a problem activating windows 10 on my HP laptop. I bought the laptop a few years ago with windows 8.1 and upgraded it to windows 10 as soon as I got it out of the box. Everything seemed to be ok but the last 12 months or so I keep getting a message...
  6. Problem activating Windows 10 - Wrong product key with disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem activating Windows 10 - Wrong product key with disk: Help Please!! I purchased a copy of Windows 10 from Umart and it appears as if the product key supplied is the wrong one, preview of product key is completely different when checking on the computer. I have contacted Umart and they have said to contact Microsoft as they...
  7. product key and activation

product key and activation: Can I use my old laptop product key in new one which comes with MS Dos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-and-activation/3eedb5c2-6af1-4e1f-bdb7-07e427c59df6"
  8. Windows Activation Product Key

Windows Activation Product Key: Hello I cannot Activate My Windows It will Expire ON OCT 21,2018 And I cannot Find my Product Key I have just bought my Laptop this Month Please Help me Thankyou!!!...
  9. Activation Key is not accepted

Activation Key is not accepted: I put in my activation key off of my computer page and it tells me to use another key or purchase one! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/activation-key-is-not-accepted/c1c581c1-c0ca-4764-a933-056460e1e984
  10. Product key not accepted (duplicataion)

Product key not accepted (duplicataion): I have just restored a saved version of a VM Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. It had a digital entitlement but the restored machine required activation. I chose what I thought was the Product Key of the Win 7 machine prior to the upgrade but it was rejected. I now realise...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 not accepting win 7 key for activation

2. windows 10 not accepting key

3. windows 10 activation key not working after already accepted