Windows 10: Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key

Discus and support Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought my laptop with Windows 10 already installed. It worked fine to begin with but, after a few months it started showing the message "Activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by StuartMcGowan, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key

I bought my laptop with Windows 10 already installed. It worked fine to begin with but, after a few months it started showing the message "Activate Windows". I have not made any hardware changes to the laptop (I wouldn't know how!) so not sure why it suddenly needed activating again.

When I tried to input the original product key that I was given, I got a message saying that the key I had input didn't work. and gave error code 0x80041023

Can anyone please advise what I can do? Thank you.

:)

StuartMcGowan, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 17, 2019
  3. RJScottNT Win User
    Wont' accept product key of activation of window 10

have new computer with new windows 10 but can't activate will not accept product key

RJScottNT, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key

1. Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key - Similar Threads - activation problems accepting

2. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product Key not accepted: We have a client using a Windows 10 Surface, purchased some years ago.The windows installation is asking for its activation key, which is not currently known, we have tried the following:CMD: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey -> This gives a key...
  3. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Product Key not accepted: We have a client using a Windows 10 Surface, purchased some years ago.The windows installation is asking for its activation key, which is not currently known, we have tried the following:CMD: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey -> This gives a key...
  4. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product Key Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key Not Accepted: I am hoping to transfer a Windows 10 Pro product key from an old laptop to a new Surface Go currently running in S mode.I have copied the key from the old laptop, removed the product key from it, cleared its registry, and have removed the old laptop from my Microsoft...
  6. Product Key Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key Not Accepted: I am hoping to transfer a Windows 10 Pro product key from an old laptop to a new Surface Go currently running in S mode.I have copied the key from the old laptop, removed the product key from it, cleared its registry, and have removed the old laptop from my Microsoft...
  7. Product Key Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. windows 10 will not accept product key

windows 10 will not accept product key: I purchased windows 10 for a computer that I had owned. I replaced the computer and reloaded windows 10 into the new computer. Windows 10 will not accept the product key that came with the software...
  9. Activation/ product key not accepted

Activation/ product key not accepted: Hi: I checked out Win 10 PRO using a place holder key but now I am not able to roll it back to my OEM Win 10 HOME version of windows. I tried some steps like updating the registry to HOME from PRO and then mounting and running the ISO for WIN 10 but it doesn't work. It...
  10. Windows not accepting product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not accepting product key: Hello, I seem to be having a problem activating windows 10 on my HP laptop. I bought the laptop a few years ago with windows 8.1 and upgraded it to windows 10 as soon as I got it out of the box. Everything seemed to be ok but the last 12 months or so I keep getting a message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not accepting product key

2. windows not accepting original product key

3. windows 10 product key not accepting

4. product key wont accept last letter,
  5. windows 10 entrprise key not being accepted,
  6. key windows not accepted,
  7. windows 10 not accepting windows 7 key,
  8. windows 10 iot 1909 not accepting product key,
  9. some letters not accepting win 10 activation,
  10. win 10 not accepting win 7 key for activation,
  11. windows 10 not accepting key,