Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation query after SDD failure during a downgrade to Win7

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation query after SDD failure during a downgrade to Win7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can I just confirm what I am thinking. I upgraded to the free Windows 10 Pro some time ago. It was activated as Windows 10 Pro and all was ok. Found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Markp72, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Markp72 Win User

Windows 10 Activation query after SDD failure during a downgrade to Win7

Can I just confirm what I am thinking.

I upgraded to the free Windows 10 Pro some time ago. It was activated as Windows 10 Pro and all was ok.

Found I had some issues with software, so I downgraded back to Win7Pro.

Lost a SDD drive and replace it while back on Win7.

Fast forward a year or 2, decided to upgrade back to windows 10 pro. Installed it today and found it would not active. Ran the troubleshooter and it advised me (when it concluded) to go and buy Win10 Pro.

I assume I have lost my free upgrade when the SDD failed?

Can anyone advice me if I am right or wrong?

M.

:)

Markp72, Feb 14, 2019

2. SDD and a HDD windows 10

I have Windows 10 installed on a 525gb SDD. I have a 1tb HDD that I'm using for my data. I've been reading a lot of conflicting tweaks to use on the SDD. Help!

1. Should I eliminate the swap on the SDD? I do a have a windows managed swap file on the HDD.

2. Should I turn off indexing on the SDD?

3. Should I turn off system restore on the SDD?

Most of the articles I've been reading have been a couple of years old. I know that the current SDDs are better but do these same tweaks apply now?

Any info and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

saturn7110x, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Activation query after SDD failure during a downgrade to Win7

Windows 10 activation

Hi Martin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to activate Windows by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation query after SDD failure during a downgrade to Win7

1. Windows 10 Activation query after SDD failure during a downgrade to Win7 - Similar Threads - Activation query SDD

2. Windows Activation query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation query: I have had this issue for quite a while now with activating my windows. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-query/5e67c9db-efb0-43e5-9330-f2bb6fced428
  3. Windows Activation query

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Activation query: I have had this issue for quite a while now with activating my windows. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-query/5e67c9db-efb0-43e5-9330-f2bb6fced428
  4. Windows Activation queries.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation queries.: I have a Windows 10 laptop. I want to reinstall Windows due to some OS glitches. I'll take it to a local shop to reinstall Windows as I am not technically advanced at all. My laptop is currently running Windows 10 Home Single Language. If the shopkeeper installs Windows 10...
  5. Windows Activation queries.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation queries.: I have a Windows 10 laptop. I want to reinstall Windows due to some OS glitches. I'll take it to a local shop to reinstall Windows as I am not technically advanced at all. My laptop is currently running Windows 10 Home Single Language. If the shopkeeper installs Windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 Activation Query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Activation Query: So I'm currently running Windows 10 Home version non activated. My question is this - If I buy the Pro version will I need to do a fresh install? Can I input the activation key and then simply 'upgrade' from a non activated Home version straight to a paid Pro version or will...
  7. Activation failure after Windows 10 downgrade: Error code 0xC004F034

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation failure after Windows 10 downgrade: Error code 0xC004F034: Hi everybody. I recently loaded a previous image of Windows 10 onto my laptop (v1709). It's the version I used to activate Windows 10. I later upgraded to the current v1903. I "downgraded" back to the previous version for testing purposes - the Windows Spotlight feature seems...
  8. Failure to start Windows, failure to identify the SDD with my Windows on it

Failure to start Windows, failure to identify the SDD with my Windows on it: I have been using my computer for almost a year, and have failed to launch Windows for 3 times. I installed my Windows 10 Home edition on my m.2 SSD and saved my data on HDD running on RAID 1. For the 1st time of failing to launch Windows, the computer just recovered...
  9. Downgrade Win10 to Win7

Downgrade Win10 to Win7: Hi.... I want to back to use Win7, I bought a new notebook with Win10 installed, Can I downgrade it to Win7? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win10-to-win7/2e9a1762-030d-48ad-ad2c-d0513a2b9f58
  10. A query regarding Win7 upgrade to Win10

A query regarding Win7 upgrade to Win10: Thanks to reading the various messages on this excellent forum I've cleared up some initial queries. I'm one of those folk who availed of the free upgrade to Win10 Pro from Win7 Pro. Reassuredly I've read on here that doing a clean install of Win10 from a downloaded ISO (I'll...