Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation requirement

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation requirement in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I found a lot about this online but here is a legal interpretation only: Is it legal that I use Windows 10 without activating it? - Law Stack Exchange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by meridius, May 21, 2019.

1. meridius Win User

Windows 10 Activation requirement

I found a lot about this online but here is a legal interpretation only: Is it legal that I use Windows 10 without activating it? - Law Stack Exchange although it does not specify the number of days without activation.

This is something Microsoft should change, like having a fixed trial period for Windows 10 of 90-180 days or so, because it would be much clearer for all of us.

Some PM's are not working...

:)

meridius, May 21, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, May 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Activation requirement - Similar Threads - Activation requirement

2. Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?: I accepted a free upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 coming from Microsoft and now Im being requested to activate Windows, I dont have that activation code with me anymore. But I wont pay anything again...
  3. Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?: I accepted a free upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 coming from Microsoft and now Im being requested to activate Windows, I dont have that activation code with me anymore. But I wont pay anything again...
  4. Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...: For whatever reason this week i started getting this error "Your administrator has blocked you from running this program cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present under the CLSID Key" This happens when i want to edit files, remove...
  6. Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...

Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...: For whatever reason this week i started getting this error "Your administrator has blocked you from running this program cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present under the CLSID Key" This happens when i want to edit files, remove...
  7. Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Bitlocker key required when BL is not activated yet. 4 times this week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key required when BL is not activated yet. 4 times this week: Have got calls from 4 different people and I had this happen to me on a brand new Dell Optiplex this week. After a Windows 11 update and reboot Windows is asking for a BL key. BL is on all the machines but not activated. There is an issue that is being held secret by someone....
  9. Bitlocker key required when BL is not activated yet. 4 times this week

Bitlocker key required when BL is not activated yet. 4 times this week: Have got calls from 4 different people and I had this happen to me on a brand new Dell Optiplex this week. After a Windows 11 update and reboot Windows is asking for a BL key. BL is on all the machines but not activated. There is an issue that is being held secret by someone....
  10. Assistance Required: Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004C008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance Required: Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004C008: Hello,Overview of the Issue: I recently purchased a genuine license key for Windows 11 Pro and successfully used it while installing Windows 11 on my new device. The installation was done using a bootable USB drive created with the Media Creation Tool, following the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 activation requirement