Windows 10: Windows 10 activation screen doesn't have the "add microsoft account"

Discus and support Windows 10 activation screen doesn't have the "add microsoft account" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Trying to move my windows 10 from an old laptop to a newly built pc, all new parts including drives, but keep getting error messages. Went through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by anon1465, Dec 1, 2018.

1. anon1465 Win User

Windows 10 activation screen doesn't have the "add microsoft account"

Trying to move my windows 10 from an old laptop to a newly built pc, all new parts including drives, but keep getting error messages. Went through the old laptop and deactivated the license and unregistered windows from it but when I try to activate it on my new pc it doesn't work. Old laptop had win 10 home on it and that's what I installed on the new machine but the product key won't register. Looked online and some people suggested adding my microsoft account through the activation page but for some reason it's not showing up on it. I activated my account on the "accounts" page and it showed up but it I can't add it on the activation page.

Windows 10 activation screen doesn't have the "add microsoft account" 57b9999e-9810-4c0c-8788-68de33b03091?upload=true.png

:)

anon1465, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 activation screen doesn't have the "add microsoft account" :(

Zakin, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...crosoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 activation screen doesn't have the "add microsoft account" - Similar Threads - activation screen doesn't

2. Activating Windows 10, Unable to Add Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10, Unable to Add Account: I've been struggling to activate Windows on my Windows 10 laptop. Under the activation tab in settings, I should click "add an account" in order to link my Microsoft account. However, there is no option to do so. The only things I can click are "troubleshoot," "change product...
  3. Activating Windows 10, Unable to Add Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows 10, Unable to Add Account: I've been struggling to activate Windows on my Windows 10 laptop. Under the activation tab in settings, I should click "add an account" in order to link my Microsoft account. However, there is no option to do so. The only things I can click are "troubleshoot," "change product...
  4. Activating Windows 10, Unable to Add Account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to add a Microsoft account to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add a Microsoft account to Windows 10: Hi, I tried to add a Microsoft account but it kept looping to login form after pressing OK button on the "Use Windows Hello with your account" window. I already tried resetting my pc, removing the PIN, creating new account, scanning sfc, and even reinstalling Windows 10....
  6. Cannot add a Microsoft account to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add a Microsoft account to Windows 10: Hi, Five days ago, I have upgraded a Windows 8.1 computer with a legitimate license from a box I purchased in 2013 to Windows 10 and I chose the option to keep programs and user documents. It was not a clean installation as I've had this laptop for 9 years now and it's...
  7. Can't check add microsoft account to activation Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't check add microsoft account to activation Windows 10: I'm trying to reinstall a fresh version of Windows on my machine. Since I've upgraded from Windows 8 a while back and from what I understand I have a Windows Digital License that I need to connect to a Microsoft Account. My issue is two fold: Firstly, sometimes when I try...
  8. Windows 10 Activation - Add MSA Account Option?

Windows 10 Activation - Add MSA Account Option?: Hello. I am seeking guidance on setting up my new Windows 10 desktop PC. I would like to - [ATTACH] Link Microsoft Account to Digital License without Switching Local Account to Microsoft Account Back in 2016, I remember Windows 10 providing an option to sign in with...
  9. Add a Microsoft account to Activation

Add a Microsoft account to Activation: I am running Windows 10 Pro and under: settings, update & security, activation. I am trying to "add a Microsoft account" to insure I can recover my digital copy if needed. However, when I follow the links and put in my data, I get a message that says "Oops, something went...
  10. Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 How to Add a Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 You need a user account to use Windows, and if you share a single PC with other people, each person should have their own account. Each person can...