Windows 10: Windows 10 activation stopped after several years

Discus and support Windows 10 activation stopped after several years in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Inspiron 5437 bought 2014 with preloaded Windows 8.1. Worked fine. In 2015 or 16 it was automatically upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WitsEnd_60, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 activation stopped after several years

Hello,

I have an Inspiron 5437 bought 2014 with preloaded Windows 8.1. Worked fine. In 2015 or 16 it was automatically upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. All OK except webcam stopped working. Never mind. Last week I started the laptop after a gap of 6 months and windows activation has failed. I have updated all Windows updates till the very moment but Windows activation in settings says "we can't activate Windows as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Error code 0xC004F074". When I click troubleshoot, its says "We found Windows 10 Home Single Language digital license running Windows Pro. To Activate install WindowsHome10 single language".

So I downloaded windows 10 Home and tried to reinstall but whatever I do it still installs Windows Pro only never gives me the option for Windows 10 Home and the activation issue persists.

Can someone please help?

Thanks & Regards,

:)

WitsEnd_60, Apr 7, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 7, 2020
  4. skippy258 Win User

Windows 10 activation stopped after several years

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 activation stopped after several years [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 activation stopped after several years

1. Windows 10 activation stopped after several years - Similar Threads - activation stopped several

2. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows after already activated for years.: Around November 2021 I downloaded a windows update that seems to have had corrupted my ucrtbase_clr0400.dll ver 12/7/19 file. Making me unable to install or update programs Discord wouldn't open because it needed an update and emulators wouldn't install. I would get a bad...
  3. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows after already activated for years.: Around November 2021 I downloaded a windows update that seems to have had corrupted my ucrtbase_clr0400.dll ver 12/7/19 file. Making me unable to install or update programs Discord wouldn't open because it needed an update and emulators wouldn't install. I would get a bad...
  4. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 8.1 Pro. After several years now show is not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 Pro. After several years now show is not activated: Photo of screen when checking system status. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-81-pro-after-several-years-now-show-is-not/a4634c6a-cc57-471d-884f-e04ea661d4ac
  6. Windows 8.1 Pro. After several years now show is not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 Pro. After several years now show is not activated: Photo of screen when checking system status. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-81-pro-after-several-years-now-show-is-not/a4634c6a-cc57-471d-884f-e04ea661d4ac
  7. Activate Windows after 2 years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows after 2 years: I bought my pc from a reputable retailer 2 years ago and activated Windows at that time Today I woke my computer from hibernation, and there's a permanent message on the screen telling me to activate Windows Why is it asking me to do that? I've already activated it I...
  8. Windows 10 suddenly not activated after years of being activated

Windows 10 suddenly not activated after years of being activated: Last night, my Windows 10 20H2 is suddenly not activated, giving an error code of 0x8007007B. I've had this copy of windows since Windows 8 when was upgraded for free to Windows 10. I bought the copy of Windows 8 so long ago I didn't remember the product key. Is there a way...
  9. Windows 10 was active for two years and 2 weeks account it stopped

Windows 10 was active for two years and 2 weeks account it stopped: Hi, I any one can help me with this. I have Windows 10 Pro which was active for last two years. For two years everything was fine and suddenly two weeks ago it stopped... Dont know what to do when I try to run troubleshoot see only: We can't active Windows on this device...
  10. Windows 10 activation expires after 2 years ?

Windows 10 activation expires after 2 years ?: Hi, I have upgraded my windows 8 Pro to Windows 10 over 2 years ago . Since yesterday I get the message that my windows license expires and that I have to Activate it. When I look at the activation settings it says "Windows is activated using your organization's...