Windows 10: Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -...

Discus and support Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro build 17134 I've just finished an upgrade to my PC, swapping motherboard, CPU and memory. I migrated the hard drives from the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CraigHB, Apr 21, 2019.

1. CraigHB Win User

Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -...

Windows 10 Pro build 17134

I've just finished an upgrade to my PC, swapping motherboard, CPU and memory. I migrated the hard drives from the old machine intending to keep my system/install as was. Prior to dismantling the old system I checked that Windows was showing me as being activated by a digital license key - i.e. I was signed into my Microsoft account and everything had sync'd properly with the machine listed in my devices tab under my account. I also followed the guides which recommended noting down the product key - all as per:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

However after running Windows on my new build if I try to activate (using the Troubleshoot option) I don't get prompted with the 'I changed hardware' option and the troubleshooter fails.

Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -... 779e8747-a6f9-4ff0-b0b1-e84499b949b0?upload=true.jpg

Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -... 8287be6e-d9c2-4a8c-a484-297c6c600b43?upload=true.jpg

I can see old (bottom) and new (top) devices in my Microsoft account, which doesn't give any further help

Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -... eb190ffb-86ec-4f68-8925-9ece6dc678a7?upload=true.jpg

I tried the Microsoft helpdesk and was talked through issuing slmgr commands to first remove the product key, then add it back in, then try to activate it. On the activation step I got an error:

Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -... a38a88fe-3056-43e0-8b22-c09d8df83e90?upload=true.jpg

It was then suggested that I revert to the store where I purchased Windows. This isn't an option as I bought it ~5yrs ago whilst on holiday, I *think* it was Win8.1 at the time and I upgraded it, plus I dont have any receipts...

Surely there is some way I can 'reset' the activation troubleshooter so that it lets me choose 'new hardware' and thereby swap the digital license across within my Microsoft account ??? Help!

:)

CraigHB, Apr 21, 2019

2. Problem re-activating windows after hardware change

I recently changed my PC motherboard & cpu and i need to re-activate windows. Going through the steps in windows and using the troubleshooter > "I recently changed my hardware" > selecting my PC from list of devices, it never works. Error code 0xC004C003.
    I bought a windows 10 OEM key and have seen generally you just need to call support to re-activate but none of the phone numbers they give me work (UK). Any advice or people I can contact is appreciated.

Thanks

cameron7SC, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Smitty3PM Win User
    Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

• "You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, but Windows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Your copy of Windows 10 should automatically be activated so long as you didn't make any significant hardware changes to your device (such as replacing
      the hard drive or motherboard)."

I just recently upgraded my motherboard, graphics card, and processor. Now my Windows 10 isnt activated anymore, and when i go through the steps to troubleshoot, it says the windows activation just says.

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

anyone have an answer to this please...

Smitty3PM, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -...

Activation Troubleshooter after Hardware Change

I recently changed a lot of hardware (e.g. motherboard) on my computer. As a result, it seems I'm unable to activate Windows. I've run the troubleshooter and it's found nothing; I selected the "hardware change" option and it has found no way of activating
    my device. I believe this may be a result of my having removed the old device - is there any way to get it back?

ZacharySutcliffe, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -...

1. Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -... - Similar Threads - activation troubleshooter giving

2. I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...: Hi!I have a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro linked to my Microsoft account. I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU on my home-built desktop PC. I researched what to do before I changed my hardware, and everything made it look easy, saying I just have to run the...
  3. I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...: Hi!I have a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro linked to my Microsoft account. I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU on my home-built desktop PC. I researched what to do before I changed my hardware, and everything made it look easy, saying I just have to run the...
  4. Recently changed motherboard, troubleshooting won't help activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recently changed motherboard, troubleshooting won't help activate Windows: The goal: To activate windows on my pc since I changed my motherboard.Notes: I deactivated my previous device which was on my original, now trashed motherboard, a z170xpMy windows edition is quite literally purchased on this account so everything should be linked together to...
  5. Activation of Windows Pro after recent Hardware Change

Activation of Windows Pro after recent Hardware Change: Recently changed hardware motherboard and processor from AMD to INTEL and I am having trouble activating my OS. I already unlinked my previous AMD Hardware...
  6. Windows 10 Activation - Hardware Change - Troubleshoot fail

Windows 10 Activation - Hardware Change - Troubleshoot fail: Hi, I just had to change my Motherboard, CPU, and Ram. I started the computer up and it worked, no pop ups about accounts. I proceded to reinstall windows, and then noted that my copy of windows wasn't activated. I ran the Activation troubleshooter and it find one...
  7. Windows 10 not activating after recent Hardware Change???

Windows 10 not activating after recent Hardware Change???: I have made a recent hardware change motherboard, cpu and I found out you can transfer Windows 10 Digital License with your Microsoft Account. Before I physically made the hardware change I made my Microsoft Account link with my Windows 10 like told from your forums....
  8. Trying to run hardware and devices troubleshooter but gives me this error? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to run hardware and devices troubleshooter but gives me this error? Windows 10: Package ID: DeviceDiagnostic Path: C:\WINDOWS\Diagnostics\Index\DeviceDiagnostic.xml Error code: 0x8000FFFF Source: Page load User: desktop\admin Context: Elevated Error above pops up when I try to run the troublshooter, I have admin rights on my account so I...
  9. Recently upgraded hardware, Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter can't reactivate Windows.

Recently upgraded hardware, Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter can't reactivate Windows.: I recently upgraded the motherboard, CPU and RAM in my custom-built PC, and now Windows is telling me to activate. I previously had a copy of Windows 10 which was upgraded from Windows 7 during the free upgrade period. I no longer have access to the device on which the...
  10. recently changed hardware need to re-activate windows

recently changed hardware need to re-activate windows: i have my product key, but i forgot to link my windows 10 to my hotmail account, and the activation isnt registering my product key for some reason, other than putting my motherboard back into my system and then linking windows 10, if that would even work, what else can i do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i recently changed hardware on this device windows trouble shooter

2. old windows device not showing for windows activation

3. windows 10 showing old device in the activation troubleshooter

4. i changed hardware recently windows 10 option fails,
  5. windows 10 reactivions no recently changed hardware option,
  6. windows 10 activation troubleshooter doesnt show new hardware