Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation used on another PC

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation used on another PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I received a Windows 10 Education product code from my University Institute to use for my fresh install of Windows 10. However, due to having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vincent.Kaye, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Activation used on another PC

Hi,

I received a Windows 10 Education product code from my University Institute to use for my fresh install of Windows 10. However, due to having BIOS issues with my PC (and I posted a help question on these forums about it), I was advised to install the Windows 10 ISO on onto my SSD whilst having it connected to a friends computer, and then just simply transferring the SSD back into my PC with the installed Windows 10 OS.

This all worked fine, except now it says my Windows can't be activated because my activation code was used on another PC. Is there anything I can do about this, considering it had to be done like this?

Thanks.

:)

Vincent.Kaye, Oct 27, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Oct 27, 2018
  4. skippy258 Win User

Windows 10 Activation used on another PC

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 Activation used on another PC [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation used on another PC

1. Windows 10 Activation used on another PC - Similar Threads - Activation used another

2. Upgrading PC / using old parts in another build, activating windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading PC / using old parts in another build, activating windows.: Hello,Have what i think is a strange issue or i just haven't found the right forum, i apologize if this is a repeat.My PC has windows 10 pro. I have it through a physical cd product key i purchased from new egg a few years ago.I have recently upgraded my motherboard in my PC,...
  3. Upgrading PC / using old parts in another build, activating windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading PC / using old parts in another build, activating windows.: Hello,Have what i think is a strange issue or i just haven't found the right forum, i apologize if this is a repeat.My PC has windows 10 pro. I have it through a physical cd product key i purchased from new egg a few years ago.I have recently upgraded my motherboard in my PC,...
  4. Upgrading PC / using old parts in another build, activating windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows activation on another pc

Windows activation on another pc: How do i know if i can activate my windows on another computer, after deactivating it on my current one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-on-another-pc/69c49736-ebec-499f-a858-b98c79b3ed6a
  6. Activate windows on another pc

Activate windows on another pc: As my laptop is a bit slower, I considered to use a linux distribution. Windows 10 is not activated on my pc, can I use my laptop's activation code on my pc? My laptop had windows 10 activated when I bought it. Please guide me on how do I do it....
  7. windows 10 pro key used on another pc

windows 10 pro key used on another pc: hello i purchase win 10 pro retail key from a local store but when i try to redeem it on my pc i got error about key already used on another pc. my question is how i can find time of redeem this key ? so i have proof ,key used before my purchase from local store. ty...
  8. Activating windows 10 using a license being used on another pc

Activating windows 10 using a license being used on another pc: Hello. I recently bought a new laptop. I am using a windows 10 pro retail license on another machine. Is there any way that I can use that license on the new laptop?...
  9. Windows activation key used on another device

Windows activation key used on another device: I recently installed windows 10 on a virtual machine, and used my activation key on it and it worked fine. I then deleted it, made another, activated windows and it r was fine. I libked it with an ms account, and then I deleted the vm. Now, on the new one, it says i am using...
  10. Can't activate (transfer) Windows 10 from another PC

Can't activate (transfer) Windows 10 from another PC: When Windows 10 was released I upgraded my old Windows 7 PC to Windows 10. I'd like to transfer that licence to another PC now. I've deactivated the Product Key on the old PC yesterday; today I'm trying to activate that very Product Key on my other PC. But it doesn't work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 key used by another pc

2. windows activation saying license is used by another device

3. activate windows 10 on another pc