Windows 10: Windows 10 activation using a previous activated hotmail account

Discus and support Windows 10 activation using a previous activated hotmail account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Here's my "problem", I used to have a laptop with an official Windows 8 product key/digital license which said laptop I updated to 8.1 and then to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AndrésZav, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation using a previous activated hotmail account

Here's my "problem", I used to have a laptop with an official Windows 8 product key/digital license which said laptop I updated to 8.1 and then to Windows 10, few months later from that I had to do a clean install and ran the laptop without said account but that laptop doesn't work anymore, my question is can I use that laptop activation on my desktop PC?

Currently I have Windows 10 Pro (same as the Windows version I used to have on my laptop before the clean install) but I want to use that activation instead of having to buy a new one, im currently using a different email on my desk pc, do I have to remove that email and then add my laptop's email in order to activate it?

:)

AndrésZav, Oct 8, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Yeah they blacklisted the insider keys at RTM, so u need to activate it again. They're using KMS server activation, so there's only handful of keys.

If you don't have any luck I can show another quicker method...lol

Pill Monster, Oct 8, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 activation using a previous activated hotmail account

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This is exactly what I'm seeing and am still investigating. I don't want to get your hopes up though, as I think you're out of luck, unfortunately. I might be too, but I'm in with a chance and here is why.

I installed my Insider copy right at the start of the program on VMWare Player where it activated with my Live account. It also upgraded to the RTM copy when it was released and is activated. So far so good.

I then downloaded the ISO using Microsoft's tool and installed a clean copy on my laptop, again logging in with my Live account, but it won't activate, just like you've seen. Reason given is that the key is blocked. However, what I'm now gonna do is image that VM onto the laptop's HDD and see if that works. It may remain activated (doubtful), require a phone activation or simply not activate at all. Let's hope it activates.

BTW, I never opted out of the insider program and am still on the Fast updates, so my OS version is currently showing as 10.0.10532, which is later than the 10.0.10240 RTM build - it did a full OS install for it.

Finally, even though you can't activate yours, you can still do the upgrade thing from W7 or W8/8.1 so you're not actually stuck, you just don't get the Insider version.

qubit, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation using a previous activated hotmail account

1. Windows 10 activation using a previous activated hotmail account - Similar Threads - activation using previous

2. Unable to convert local account to Microsoft account and previously activate Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to convert local account to Microsoft account and previously activate Windows: This is a complex post, so bear with me.This is a machine on Windows 10 for a few years now, currently on the 2009 edition, fully updated. It was a free upgrade from a paid Windows 7 Professional version, which I believe I used to upgrade my old XP machine. After my old PC...
  3. Unable to convert local account to Microsoft account and previously activate Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to convert local account to Microsoft account and previously activate Windows: This is a complex post, so bear with me.This is a machine on Windows 10 for a few years now, currently on the 2009 edition, fully updated. It was a free upgrade from a paid Windows 7 Professional version, which I believe I used to upgrade my old XP machine. After my old PC...
  4. Unable to convert local account to Microsoft account and previously activate Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 was previously activated but now is suddenly not activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 was previously activated but now is suddenly not activated.: I have been using this copy of Windows 10 fully activated for more than a year but suddenly a few days ago, there was a popup saying I needed to activate windows....
  6. Windows 10 was previously activated but now is suddenly not activated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 was previously activated but now is suddenly not activated.: I have been using this copy of Windows 10 fully activated for more than a year but suddenly a few days ago, there was a popup saying I needed to activate windows....
  7. Windows 10 was previously activated but now is suddenly not activated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot use University Account to activate Windows 10

Cannot use University Account to activate Windows 10: Before reinstall Windows 10, I use my University Microsoft account to activate Windows 10. All I had to do was signed it in Office 365. But after reinstall Windows 10, I cannot use it to automatically activate anymore. Can anyone help?...
  9. Windows 10 not activating using Microsoft Account

Windows 10 not activating using Microsoft Account: Hey guys, just built a PC and installed Windows 10 ver 2004. Signed in with my ms account but it says it couldn't activate because my editions are different to another PC that I have.. My editions on both PCs are Win 10 Home.. why can't I activate Windows on the new PC? Any...
  10. Win 10 previously activated, now it's not !!

Win 10 previously activated, now it's not !!: Hi folks and guru's etc. Strange problem for me. Upgraded from Win 7 Professional last August, not long after Win 10 was released. Went ok at the time, any issues I had were soon resolved. Until last week that is. Not sure if it was an update that done this to my aging PC,...