Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation Using Embedded Key

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation Using Embedded Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need some assurance and documentation that when Windows 10 says it is activated it is actually legally activated. This is in a corporate/commercial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by z46v, Nov 20, 2018.

1. z46v Win User

Windows 10 Activation Using Embedded Key

I need some assurance and documentation that when Windows 10 says it is activated it is actually legally activated. This is in a corporate/commercial environment, so we need to make sure this is correct and proper.

The computer in question is a Dell Latitude E7440. Originally it was Windows 8 with downgrade rights to 7. It had Windows 7 Pro installed and activated. Because it came with Windows 8, I assume it has the embedded key in the UEFI/BIOS.

We purchased Windows 10 keys specifically to upgrade older computers. This laptop was imaged with Windows 10 Pro. The image was created with the official Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. The intention was to use one of the purchased keys to activate the newly imaged laptop. However, after the image and initial setup, the activation screen indicates that Windows 10 is activated with a digital license. We never needed to input a key.

From my understanding, officially from Microsoft, the "free upgrade" period ended July 29, 2016. That is why we are questioning this seemingly "free upgrade."

Is there any documentation or legal license agreement that would prove that this is in fact a fully licensed and legal copy of Windows 10? We need to prove this to our legal department. All over the internet there are reports that this still works and is functional, but there is no official word from Microsoft.

:)

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 20, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Nov 20, 2018
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 Activation Using Embedded Key [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Activation Using Embedded Key - Similar Threads - Activation Using Embedded

2. My windows is activated and has not a serial key as It is embedded with my Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows is activated and has not a serial key as It is embedded with my Microsoft...: My windows is activated and has not a serial key as It is embedded with my Microsoft account so how can I reinstall windows without loosing my activation...
  3. My windows is activated and has not a serial key as It is embedded with my Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows is activated and has not a serial key as It is embedded with my Microsoft...: My windows is activated and has not a serial key as It is embedded with my Microsoft account so how can I reinstall windows without loosing my activation...
  4. My windows is activated and has not a serial key as It is embedded with my Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Embedded Windows 11 wont Activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Embedded Windows 11 wont Activate: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 11 Pro embedded but Windows 11 Pro is not activated on the laptop. When I try to activate it says that the key is already in use. I have contacted Dell and they told me to contact Microsoft....
  6. Embedded Windows 11 wont Activate

Embedded Windows 11 wont Activate: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 11 Pro embedded but Windows 11 Pro is not activated on the laptop. When I try to activate it says that the key is already in use. I have contacted Dell and they told me to contact Microsoft....
  7. How can I install Windows 10 using the embedded product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I install Windows 10 using the embedded product key?: After roughly 3-4 months of using Windows 11, I'm starting to despise it. I'd like to return to Windows 10, but the problem is that I'm using a laptop with the product key already installed. Is it possible to reinstall Windows 10 with the same product key?...
  8. How can I install Windows 10 using the embedded product key?

How can I install Windows 10 using the embedded product key?: After roughly 3-4 months of using Windows 11, I'm starting to despise it. I'd like to return to Windows 10, but the problem is that I'm using a laptop with the product key already installed. Is it possible to reinstall Windows 10 with the same product key?...
  9. embedded OEM key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    embedded OEM key: Windows 10 install will not accept my embedded product key. What do I do now?? 14313
  10. Win 10 with embedded keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 with embedded keys: With the Threshold 2 update, I understand Win 10 can use a Win 7 and 8 key code for activation. Will it read an embedded key and use it during the installation process? We have over 300 devices that came with Win 8 downgraded to Win 7. Due to a new application that requires a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 embedded key activation

2. key embebed no activate windows 10

3. activate windows 10 from embeded key

4. how to activate windows 10 with the embedded OEM license key,
  5. windows 10 activation with embedded key,
  6. activate windows 10 from embedded key,
  7. embedded activation key,
  8. activate embedded windows 10,
  9. use embedded key to activate windows,
  10. windows oem embedded activation,
  11. windows activation key embedded,