Windows 10: windows 10 activation with a retail key

Discus and support windows 10 activation with a retail key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hello so my problem is simple i have a windows 10 professional retail key not affiliated with my Microsoft account about 5 month ago i bought a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Felix-antoineLavallee, Feb 5, 2019.

1. windows 10 activation with a retail key

hello so my problem is simple i have a windows 10 professional retail key not affiliated with my Microsoft account

about 5 month ago i bought a new hard drive and installed a new copy of windows on it (yes the version is pro) and when i entered the key it said that it wasn't a valid key

i though that it might of been because i still had the key active on my older hard drive so i went on it and removed it. but i still cant activate it and on new hard drive and now on the old.

the error i get when i try activating it is 0X803FA067 and not 0X803FA067L i checked but i believe its the same thing

what can i do except to buy a new key(it cost a lot, lol )?

:)

Felix-antoineLavallee, Feb 5, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 5, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

windows 10 activation with a retail key

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 activation with a retail key

1. windows 10 activation with a retail key - Similar Threads - activation retail key

2. Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key: I bought a windows 7 many years ago, and upgraded to windows 10 when it came out. My windows is retail, so as I know I can deactivate and install on another PC. I'm about to replace my computer, but my product key for the old windows 7 is lost in the past. How can I activate...
  3. retail product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    retail product key: i like to if the product key sold by Bestbuy store is legit or a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retail-product-key/6bb8c0dc-a139-4344-a068-8d521fe0fd04
  4. Can i use windows 7 retail key to activate windows 10?

Can i use windows 7 retail key to activate windows 10?: as the topic 1. if i have clean install windows 10 can i use retail key from windows 7 to activate that? 2. if it can, how how long microsoft will support after activated? Thank you very much...
  5. Replace Windows 10 OEM key with a retail key?

Replace Windows 10 OEM key with a retail key?: Hello. I'm currently running Windows 10 Home with an OEM license. I need to replace my motherboard, but I can't buy the same model because it's no longer being manufactured. Since I have my Windows installation set up the way I want it, I'd like to replace my OEM product...
  6. Windows 10 pro Retail key

Windows 10 pro Retail key: I was using a retail key in my pc without any problem but suddenly my motherboard was gone and I got a replacement from manufacturer. From then I was facing windows activation problem, I contacted microsoft via skypee voice chat, the agent asks for the key and I told her....
  7. Windows 10 Retail Key

Windows 10 Retail Key: Hi I need to know is their any provision windows is selling a retail key of Windows 10 for lifetime validity I had found a guy on e-commerce site selling the Genuine Windows 10 Key at Rs. 299 Is this Genuine Or Someone is taking Advantage of Microsoft Name in India ....
  8. Windows 10 Retail Pack with OEM Key

Windows 10 Retail Pack with OEM Key: I bought Windows 10 Pro Retail Pack from an online seller. Got the pack and it read "Win Pro 10 32-bit/64-bit Eng Intl USB RS" and the key card had "RETAIL" mentioned under the license key. But after installing it from the USB and entering this license key, when it got...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Retail Key

Windows 10 Pro Retail Key: I often change motherboard. If I buy the retail key, how many motherboard I can change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-retail-key/561e9289-3694-45e3-a87d-6873f21a54f4
  10. Gerenic vs Retail keys Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gerenic vs Retail keys Windows 10: I just activated Windows 10 with a Generic key (in a virtual machine), and it activated ok. however, i have seen mixes feelings as how exactly that is different to a Retail key.. Windows 10 can be installed and used for 30 days without a key, Product key is only needed for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Phone Activation MAK-RETAIL Keys

2. windows retail key failed to activate

3. Windows 10 Phone Activation MAK-RETAIL Keys 2019