Windows 10: Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer

Discus and support Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My last computer broke, so I got a new one and tried to move the windows license on it. I deactivated it from the old one and with "slmgr -ipk"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mihai Turcu, May 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer

Hi,

My last computer broke, so I got a new one and tried to move the windows license on it. I deactivated it from the old one and with "slmgr -ipk" in CMD I added it to the new computer. But if I run the next command "slmgr /dli" the next message is displayed:

Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer 25a0e1c5-95aa-41d9-a63a-0aed5d3fbc23?upload=true.png

What can I do next to activate Windows?

Thanks

:)

Mihai Turcu, May 16, 2019

2. Windows is not activated with valid product key

I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows.

I tried to reenter my product key but it says that I do not have a valid product key and refuse to activate my windows

Is there any solution for this?

P.S. I didn't reinstall my Windows or make any hardware change

DanielRandy, May 16, 2019
  3. EliSherer Win User
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Unique Product Key situation

No... let me try again.

• Old computer is running Win7 Pro (SP1) with a Product key I have from a few years ago. The Product is activated already, but I do NOT use this computer at this point, so I didn't worry about using the Product key when moving to the new computer (see below).
    • New computer is running Win10 Pro, with data and OS migrated from the Old computer, (same Product key as above), then Upgraded to Win10 (without getting a new Product Key).
    What I am trying to do now...

• I want to upgrade the OLD computer (Win7 Pro) to Windows 10... using a new Product Key I just purchased.
    • I have tried to do this internally, and also using the ISO burned to a thumb drive. But it does not want to work.
    • Steps:
      • Start from USB drive.
      • Enter New Product Key (or click "I don't have one").
      • Install initiates and then tells me to restart from Windows and then open the installer again to continue.
        • At this point, I actually need to Quit the installation to restart the machine.
      • When restarted, I go to the USB drive and restart/resume the installation process.
      • I have tried to download and not to download updates, but when the installation fails, I see the message, "Something happened" and "Setup has failed to validate the product key".
      • NOTE This happens if I enter the NEW Windows 10 Product Key, or if I skip that step (which I assume means that it will use the old Windows 7 Key for the upgrade).

EliSherer, May 16, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer

1. Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer - Similar Threads - activation valid product

2. Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key: I'm trying to activate windows 10 on bootcamp with a valid windows key, and every time I try it fails. I've used this key for a long time now and Microsoft will mot validate my machine...No matter which way I go, I can't activate. Even though I know the keys are all...
  3. Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key: I'm trying to activate windows 10 on bootcamp with a valid windows key, and every time I try it fails. I've used this key for a long time now and Microsoft will mot validate my machine...No matter which way I go, I can't activate. Even though I know the keys are all...
  4. Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. validation of windows product key

validation of windows product key: I got the pre-installed windows 10 on my laptop and I was given the product key with it. After some hardware update I reinstalled to OS on my device, but this time during my windows activation my it shows that my product key is not valid. What should I do?...
  6. Product key Validation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Product key Validation: Have had this PC for ages & all of a sudden after turning on today a msg appears in the bottom right corner "This copy of windows is not genuine",Windows7 build 7601. In the System prop where your product Key is Activate Windows. The problem is why after using this PC...
  7. Windows 10 rejecting my valid product key - cannot activate

Windows 10 rejecting my valid product key - cannot activate: From time to time I format my PC and install Windows from the DVD media using the valid product key I have owned for years. This time I upgraded my cpu, motherboard and ram, and formatted. I have already changed motherboard, CPU and ram at least once since I acquired this...
  8. Windows product key validation

Windows product key validation: Hi, I had to replace daughters HP laptops hard drive. We have no backup or recovery disk. Purchased a HP recovery disk but it will not allow me to register Windows with MS. I was able to find a key in the BIOS. Would that be the original Windows key, and if so how do I...
  9. product key valid?

product key valid?: f I purchase Windows 7 how long is the product key valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-valid/8fab35f1-2e59-4602-b007-b12c0799488f"
  10. Windows is not activated with valid product key

Windows is not activated with valid product key: I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows. I tried to reenter my product key...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to find my windows product key windows 10 hp