Windows 10: Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer

Discus and support Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My last computer broke, so I got a new one and tried to move the windows license on it. I deactivated it from the old one and with "slmgr -ipk"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mihai Turcu, May 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer

Hi,

My last computer broke, so I got a new one and tried to move the windows license on it. I deactivated it from the old one and with "slmgr -ipk" in CMD I added it to the new computer. But if I run the next command "slmgr /dli" the next message is displayed:

Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer 25a0e1c5-95aa-41d9-a63a-0aed5d3fbc23?upload=true.png

What can I do next to activate Windows?

Thanks

:)

Mihai Turcu, May 16, 2019

2. Windows is not activated with valid product key

I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows.

I tried to reenter my product key but it says that I do not have a valid product key and refuse to activate my windows

Is there any solution for this?

P.S. I didn't reinstall my Windows or make any hardware change

DanielRandy, May 16, 2019
  3. EliSherer Win User
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Unique Product Key situation

No... let me try again.

• Old computer is running Win7 Pro (SP1) with a Product key I have from a few years ago. The Product is activated already, but I do NOT use this computer at this point, so I didn't worry about using the Product key when moving to the new computer (see below).
    • New computer is running Win10 Pro, with data and OS migrated from the Old computer, (same Product key as above), then Upgraded to Win10 (without getting a new Product Key).
    What I am trying to do now...

• I want to upgrade the OLD computer (Win7 Pro) to Windows 10... using a new Product Key I just purchased.
    • I have tried to do this internally, and also using the ISO burned to a thumb drive. But it does not want to work.
    • Steps:
      • Start from USB drive.
      • Enter New Product Key (or click "I don't have one").
      • Install initiates and then tells me to restart from Windows and then open the installer again to continue.
        • At this point, I actually need to Quit the installation to restart the machine.
      • When restarted, I go to the USB drive and restart/resume the installation process.
      • I have tried to download and not to download updates, but when the installation fails, I see the message, "Something happened" and "Setup has failed to validate the product key".
      • NOTE This happens if I enter the NEW Windows 10 Product Key, or if I skip that step (which I assume means that it will use the old Windows 7 Key for the upgrade).

EliSherer, May 16, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer

1. Windows 10 activation with a valid product key on a new computer - Similar Threads - activation valid product

2. Windows product key validation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows product key validation: Hi, I had to replace daughters HP laptops hard drive. We have no backup or recovery disk. Purchased a HP recovery disk but it will not allow me to register Windows with MS. I was able to find a key in the BIOS. Would that be the original Windows key, and if so how do I...
  3. product key valid?

product key valid?: f I purchase Windows 7 how long is the product key valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-valid/8fab35f1-2e59-4602-b007-b12c0799488f"
  4. Windows 10 won't activate with valid product key after hardware change

Windows 10 won't activate with valid product key after hardware change: I recently updated my motherboard and now it says Windows 10 isn't activated. My Microsoft account is logged in but still won't work. It's the same computer with different MOBO. I have a valid Windows key that I bought and won't activate Windows 10. Would appreciate help!...
  5. You must use a valid product key to activate Windows – 0x800704cF

in Windows 10 News
    You must use a valid product key to activate Windows – 0x800704cF: [ATTACH] Windows Activation system keeps checking for validity of your key from time to time. Assuming you have a genuine key and all of a sudden you have received Windows Activation Error 0x800704cF, then this error means we didn’t find a valid [...] This post You must use...
  6. Windows is not activated with valid product key

Windows is not activated with valid product key: I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows. I tried to reenter my product key...
  7. Windows 10 setup failed to validate product key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 setup failed to validate product key.: Ive been trying to upgrade my computer to Windows 10 from windows 7 32bit, i have license and a product key. i followed the instructions came with the email to install the software, but it only went through until setting up windows 10, then it gives me a notification that the...
  8. No valid digital license/Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No valid digital license/Product Key: Hi, Getting error code 0x803FA067 when using the Windows 10 Home Product Key to reactivate the product. I had to replace my motherboard. I tried Powershell command: (Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey which did not...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade - Failed to Validate Product Key

Windows 10 Upgrade - Failed to Validate Product Key: Good morning all, I am trying to upgrade one of our Laptops in our lab to Windows 10 Pro. It currently has Windows 7 Pro on it, and when I attempt to use the DVD copy I burned I am getting the dreaded "Setup has failed to validate the product key". I went back to my...
  10. No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key'

No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key': W7 tower that was upgraded to 10 over a year ago. Got a TM.sys error (Tm.sys - 0xc0000221 Error - Windows 10 Forums) necessitating a reinstall. Everything went fine except for my desktop picture that was about 40% bigger than it used to be. I shrunk it down using MS Paint,...