Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall). in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Short description: If I run slmgr -ato when using a direct connection to the internet the device is activated, if doing the same from the network with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by megasprit, Jun 19, 2019.

1. megasprit Win User

Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).

Short description: If I run slmgr -ato when using a direct connection to the internet the device is activated, if doing the same from the network with limited internet access activation fails.

What sites/urls/ports must I allow to be able to activate Windows from our limited access network?

In a lab at work we reinstall all our Windows 10 machines using a custom image that contain all our apps and settings.
    All devices are manufactured by Dell.
    The lab have a very very limited connection to the internet allowing only a handful of sites on the internet.
    I did find some knowledge (links below) and allowed all those sites for http 80 and https 443 but activation still does no work.

If I connect the same device directly on the internet and run slmgr -ato activation is successful.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...(v=technet.10)
    httpsa://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/921471/windows-activation-or-validation-fails-with-error-code-0x8004fe33

We allow per host using pfsense, so urls are not used, it's the actual hostnames like go.microsoft.com
    The lab is portable and also split in many parts and locations, this one lab is the main location and from here devices are shipped to other labs as needed, in many cases in location where the internet or anything else does not exist, like the arctic...

My guess is that one or more of the hosts redirect to somewhere that is not in the list - thus making the list or required hosts are incomplete.
    I have tried to allow all protocols and not just HTTP and HTTPS and makes no differance.

:)

megasprit, Jun 19, 2019

2. Limited internet access.

After I upgraded to Windows 10 my internet access is only limited. How do I restore full functionality? Thanks for any insight or suggestions.

BlakeRSwain, Jun 19, 2019
  3. does active armor firewall block windows update

did you try and open the way for windows update to work? You may have to allow it to access the internet. I honestly dont have experience, yet, with Asus Armor Firewall, but I have firewall experience and you might have to do that. Probably put it in the internet or trusted zone, or maybe even open the ports up.

WarEagleAU, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).

Windows 10 - WiFi Limited/No Internet Access

I had the problem with "limited access" wifi. It was after a win 10 update. After trying all of Microsoft fixes I turned off my AVG firewall. WOW!!!!!!!! internet access. Win updated again and I could then turn my AVG firewall back on. It's been working
    since then.

GailBlamires, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).

1. Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall). - Similar Threads - Activation limited internet

2. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  3. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  4. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Firewall off and no access to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Firewall off and no access to internet: My windows firewall is not working and i can't turn it on, also my internet connection is also not working. I think it may be because the computer was probably turned off while updating windows, i am not sure. I have tried to go to services and start the windows firewall...
  6. Windows 10 firewall? No internet access

Windows 10 firewall? No internet access: Hiya, I'm wondering what settings I have to add to the windows firewall to have internet access. I have block incoming and outgoing connections except by a rule on, and port 80 with any program in outgoing and incoming. Just port 80 in outgoing & incoming does not allow...
  7. Limited internet, Windows 10, IPv4 Connectivity No internet access.

Limited internet, Windows 10, IPv4 Connectivity No internet access.: Just moved to a new location, the WiFi is provided by the entire apartment complex, but you have to register and create a sign in and password with it. My WiFi on my laptop will come on for 15 to 20 minutes when it is turned on, but it turns to limited after that time until...
  8. Limited internet access but not

Limited internet access but not: Hi Guys, I'm having a look at my brother in laws computer which is windows 10 and I am coming up with a doozy of an issue for someone of my level. So he was unable to run Fifa15 and discovered that you need windows media player to run it. When using the add windows...
  9. Windows 10 limited internet access icon?

Windows 10 limited internet access icon?: For as long as I've had my NUC, the LAN symbols have had the yellow limited internet access icon. My internet works fine thou, but the icon is kind of bugging me. Any hints on how to fix it? I tried re-installing, reboot router, use Windows own help fixes, to no avail....
  10. Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection

Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection: Hello. Today, when i opened my PC i found out that i have "No internet connection". The last time i used it was last night, and it worked like a charm. The problem is from the software itself I guess because other devices seem to be working fine connected to the internet....