Windows 10: windows 10 activation with win7 keys

Discus and support windows 10 activation with win7 keys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I haven't been able to find a clear answer to this question. Can anyone tell me whether or not Win7 keys will continue to activate windows 10 after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MoeTheSurgeon, Dec 12, 2019.

1. windows 10 activation with win7 keys

I haven't been able to find a clear answer to this question. Can anyone tell me whether or not Win7 keys will continue to activate windows 10 after the January End of Support for 7

submitted by /u/MoeTheSurgeon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MoeTheSurgeon, Dec 12, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 12, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Installing Windows 10...and then reverting back. Help!

Current builds allow direct installation of Windows 10 with Windows 8.1 or 7 keys. Only requirement is that Win7/8.1 keys have been activated before. Once it is registered with MS servers, that's that.

You can do the disk cloning, but you'll have to activate each individual system afterwards. Just to be sure, you can test this on just one workstation, just to be sure and not waste too much time.

I bought unused Windows 7 key and I couldn't clean install Windows 10 because the Win7 key was never activated before. So I had to first install Win7, activate it, upgrade it to Win10 and from then on, I can install Windows 10 clean. No need to activate, Windows links itself to server automatically and activates itself.

RejZoR, Dec 12, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

windows 10 activation with win7 keys

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 activation with win7 keys

1. windows 10 activation with win7 keys - Similar Threads - activation win7 keys

2. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  3. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  4. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. win7 is not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win7 is not activated: I have win7 pro with genuine product. Now my laptop corrupted, so that when i install win7 it is not activated. what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-is-not-activated/4afa75bd-59b2-4827-b756-68fb9cb5b19c
  6. win7 is not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win7 is not activated: I have win7 pro with genuine product. Now my laptop corrupted, so that when i install win7 it is not activated. what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-is-not-activated/4afa75bd-59b2-4827-b756-68fb9cb5b19c
  7. Win7 to Win10 won't activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win7 to Win10 won't activate.: Hi all, I got a problem i still have about 60 notebooks left with Win7 enterprise. What i did was got the files from SCCM that we normally deploy/install our notebooks with. I started the setup and it came with a upgrade procedure, following all the steps it started...
  8. Win10 from Win7 activation key lost

Win10 from Win7 activation key lost: Hi everyone, I'll try to be as brief as possible with this matter: I used to have an old VAIO laptop back when Windows 10 was released, and there was the chance to update from my original activation of Windows 7. I did so, then gave this laptop to a realtive, and just got...
  9. Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key

Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key: Hey everyone, been lurking this forum for a while and thought id post this one to hopefully clear this question up. We all know that if you have a win7/8 installation, then its just a matter of upgrading it when the final release lands by using the little windows app next...
  10. Buying a Win7 activation key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Buying a Win7 activation key?: Is there a way to just buy a Win7 Pro 64bit key off Microsoft's site? Or do I have to buy a physical copy? All I'm trying to do is get the free upgrade to Win10 Pro 64. If I heard right you can just put the Window 7 key in when activating Win10 now. -Thanks 45531