Windows 10: Windows 10 activation with Windows 7 lost key

Discus and support Windows 10 activation with Windows 7 lost key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, 8 years ago I bought a laptop with Windows7 installed, after one of the updates my windows7 broke down and did not recover, I installed Windows10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jasiek187, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Jasiek187 Win User

Windows 10 activation with Windows 7 lost key

Hi, 8 years ago I bought a laptop with Windows7 installed, after one of the updates my windows7 broke down and did not recover, I installed Windows10 from ISO available at Microsoft website, but I cannot activate it because my license key for Windows7 faded away and I cannot read it. My windows7 was combined with my laptop. Could you please help me to recover my Windows7 key or activate Windows10 other way?

:)

Jasiek187, Sep 12, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 12, 2019
  3. ironwolf Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 activation with Windows 7 lost key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Thank you, but I still want to know if I can do a clean installation of Windows with my new SSD whilst my old Windows is still installed on the other pc?

MichaelDFF, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation with Windows 7 lost key

1. Windows 10 activation with Windows 7 lost key - Similar Threads - activation lost key

2. Lost windows 10 activation key email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost windows 10 activation key email: I purchased Windows 10 Home Edition last August. I got the email but couldn't install it right because I didn't have time. Now I went looking for the email I but couldn't find it. What is the way to recover this activation key?PS. I read the in the other post that was...
  3. Lost windows 10 activation key email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost windows 10 activation key email: I purchased Windows 10 Home Edition last August. I got the email but couldn't install it right because I didn't have time. Now I went looking for the email I but couldn't find it. What is the way to recover this activation key?PS. I read the in the other post that was...
  4. Lost windows 10 activation key email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 product key: A few months ago, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro while swapping the HDD for an SSD. In doing so, now my installation of Windows 10 is not activated. I stumbled upon a program called ProduKey and it helped me to find my Windows 7 Ultimate...
  6. Lost Windows 10 Activation Key

Lost Windows 10 Activation Key: Hi, I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home product off of Amazon, complete in box. I didn't realize the activation key was on paper in the box and threw it all away. When I inserted the activation media, it prompted me with the watermark in the bottom right corner asking for...
  7. Windows 10 Activation Key Lost

Windows 10 Activation Key Lost: Hello, I recently upgraded my computers motherboard, cpu, and ram. I've had problems with windows in the past, the most recent issue prior to windows randomly deactivating during a game of Borderlands 3 last night was when my SSD that came with my pre-build kicked the bucket....
  8. Windows 10 Activation - recovering a lost key

Windows 10 Activation - recovering a lost key: Have had trouble with corruption on my hard drive. After boot time repair, Windows 10 thinks it is no longer activated and I cannot find any information on my product key. I did the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 several years ago. How in. Any ideas where that key...
  9. Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 7 key lost

Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 7 key lost: Hello, well... I'll start thanking whoever can help me with this. A couple of months ago I bought a computer that came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I wanted to upgrade to the pro version so I used a product key of Windows 7 Professional to do so, everything worked...
  10. Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 activation if OEM Windows 7 Disc lost: I am presently on Windows 7 Home premium. I lost the OEM Windows Disc provided with the laptop. Windows 10 Pro downloading in progress. Now I do have original windows 7 pro key which I have downloaded earlier from Dreamspark account. Will that key be sufficient to activate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost windows 7 activation key