Windows 10: Windows 10 Activation

Discus and support Windows 10 Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Upgraded my Motherboard, CPU and RAM yesterday, but am still using the same hard drive to boot from. Booted fine yesterday with no issues, today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TaxingPhoenix45, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Activation

Hi,

Upgraded my Motherboard, CPU and RAM yesterday, but am still using the same hard drive to boot from. Booted fine yesterday with no issues, today windows is saying it isn't activated. I ran the activation troubleshooter, picked the "I recently changed hardware" option, and it says we can find no devices to activate this device from. When I go to my microsoft account online, it actually shows two iterations of the same PC, pre and post upgrade. I assume this duplication is what's causing the activation issue. How can I activate Windows, it's the same installation on the same hard drive, just with a new mobo.

:)

TaxingPhoenix45, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jul 12, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Windows 10 Activation

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 Activation [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Activation

1. Windows 10 Activation - Similar Threads - Activation

2. Is it possible to activate windows 10 with windows 7 OEM key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to activate windows 10 with windows 7 OEM key?: Im building a new pc and I have an old laptop with windows 7 oem licence. As far as I know it’s still possible to upgrade from 7 to 10 for free but is it possible to use the laptops activation key to activate windows on the new pc? If not, is there some other way to utilize...
  3. How can I set up a PC with out going through the Windows activation?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set up a PC with out going through the Windows activation?: I am going to be building a PC for a friend of mine and sending it to her. I'd like to install the drivers for all of the devices and make sure that everything is running smoothly before sending it out but I would like to leave the initial set up alone for her to go through...
  4. Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation: Hello, I have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO from Ubuntu and then installed it on my computer. The problem is, when i am installing the Windows 10, it didn't want a activation code or something. It just started Windows 10 and when i look for if the Windows 10 is...
  5. Windows Activation

Windows Activation: Had windows 10 Home installed on my computer, came with the purchased device and I lost the restore USB, the hard disk got corrupted. Downloaded the windows 10 Pro system from the internet and installed. Now, the system says that it must be activated but when I try to...
  6. Windows 10 Bluetooth Audio Not Working When MIC is Active

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Bluetooth Audio Not Working When MIC is Active: So I've been having this issue on Windows 10 since forever, I have a bluetooth headset and whenever its mic is in use from an app, I lose audio on the headset. Basically, the mic and audio don't work simultaneously, its either one and I can't figure out why. Windows...
  7. activate windows

activate windows: I got a new laptop and I am required to activate windows. I don't have an activation key, how do I go about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows/8fca2250-4e81-4bc6-8e1d-f819eb850825
  8. Windows 10 activation

Windows 10 activation: The person who fixed my computer after the crash installed Windows pro instead of Windows 10 home. I do not have an activation code for Windows pro. How do I get the windows 10 home installation back and get the original laptop PC license....
  9. Can I activate One Drive on Windows later?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I activate One Drive on Windows later?: [ATTACH] I am currently reinstalling Windows 10 Kann ich One Drive bei Windows später aktivieren?
  10. Active threats have not been remediated - Windows Defender.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Active threats have not been remediated - Windows Defender.: Hello, I have scoured the internet to try to figure out how to fix this problem. It appears that malware has hijacked my UEFI firmware. I tried running Malwarebytes with rootkit detection in regular and safe mode, ADWcleaner, FRST, as well as an offline Windows Defender...