Windows 10: Windows 10 activation

Discus and support Windows 10 activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased/installed windows 10 pro from ebay (CoA). I enter the PK and windows does get activated. <This PC><properties> displays: "Windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by klong915, Aug 23, 2016.

1. klong915 Win User

Windows 10 activation

Hi,
    I purchased/installed windows 10 pro from ebay (CoA). I enter the PK and windows does get activated.
    <This PC><properties> displays: "Windows is activated" . I'm used to seeing a genuine stamp on the left
    side of the screen, it's not there.
    Has windows dropped this or do I need to do something?
    Thanks,
    Keith

:)

klong915, Aug 23, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Aug 23, 2016
  4. Windows 10 activation

That's normal for Windows 10. Also look in Settings > Update & security > Activation, it will say activated with a Product key or activated with a digital license.

alphanumeric, Aug 23, 2016
  5. klong915 Win User
    Yes but he last 5 characters of the PK are not what I entered.

Windows 10 activation [​IMG]

klong915, Aug 24, 2016
  6. I can't explain that, I have no idea why they don't match?
    Did you actually get a COA sticker with the key on it? Or just a photo shot of it?
    Did you clean install, or do a change product key to an already installed Windows 10?
    This utility might get you some better info, https://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...7-showkey.html

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 activation

1. Windows 10 activation - Similar Threads - activation

2. How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?: I recently purchased my Microsoft Studio 2 laptop, and when I attempted to dual boot with Linux, I deleted my Windows boot manager. I am now unable to load Windows. May I ask how I may obtain the Windows 11 OEM license key? so that I can reinstall Windows. On the laptop box...
  3. How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?: I recently purchased my Microsoft Studio 2 laptop, and when I attempted to dual boot with Linux, I deleted my Windows boot manager. I am now unable to load Windows. May I ask how I may obtain the Windows 11 OEM license key? so that I can reinstall Windows. On the laptop box...
  4. Cannot activate windows 11 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate windows 11 license: Hi. I had an old computer that had a genuine Windows 10upgraded from Windows 7 and I bought a new computer and installed Windows 11. I managed to transfer the license successfully. Then I got a problem with my processor. So I had to replace it. Then I did a clean Windows 11...
  5. Cannot activate windows 11 license

Cannot activate windows 11 license: Hi. I had an old computer that had a genuine Windows 10upgraded from Windows 7 and I bought a new computer and installed Windows 11. I managed to transfer the license successfully. Then I got a problem with my processor. So I had to replace it. Then I did a clean Windows 11...
  6. How to activate Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows?: I've been having problems with my Hp laptops SSD, with it opening to a blue rectangle with the 302 error. I recently got it replaced and I have to activate Windows. I have my old product key that was on this same laptop, but it wouldn't work. I tried troubleshooting, and when...
  7. How to activate Windows?

How to activate Windows?: I've been having problems with my Hp laptops SSD, with it opening to a blue rectangle with the 302 error. I recently got it replaced and I have to activate Windows. I have my old product key that was on this same laptop, but it wouldn't work. I tried troubleshooting, and when...
  8. Windows 10 won't activate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't activate?: Hey so I just purchased windows10/11 from the Microsoft store and now I'm getting a message saying something has happened and we couldn't make your copy of windows genuine. Also on my activate windows tab I'm getting a message that says windows reported that the hardware of...
  9. Windows 10 won't activate?

Windows 10 won't activate?: Hey so I just purchased windows10/11 from the Microsoft store and now I'm getting a message saying something has happened and we couldn't make your copy of windows genuine. Also on my activate windows tab I'm getting a message that says windows reported that the hardware of...
  10. Windows 10 won't activate?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade