Windows 10: Windows 10 activation

Discus and support Windows 10 activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased/installed windows 10 pro from ebay (CoA). I enter the PK and windows does get activated. <This PC><properties> displays: "Windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by klong915, Aug 23, 2016.

1. klong915 Win User

Windows 10 activation

Hi,
    I purchased/installed windows 10 pro from ebay (CoA). I enter the PK and windows does get activated.
    <This PC><properties> displays: "Windows is activated" . I'm used to seeing a genuine stamp on the left
    side of the screen, it's not there.
    Has windows dropped this or do I need to do something?
    Thanks,
    Keith

:)

klong915, Aug 23, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Aug 23, 2016
  4. Windows 10 activation

That's normal for Windows 10. Also look in Settings > Update & security > Activation, it will say activated with a Product key or activated with a digital license.

alphanumeric, Aug 23, 2016
  5. klong915 Win User
    Yes but he last 5 characters of the PK are not what I entered.

Windows 10 activation [​IMG]

klong915, Aug 24, 2016
  6. I can't explain that, I have no idea why they don't match?
    Did you actually get a COA sticker with the key on it? Or just a photo shot of it?
    Did you clean install, or do a change product key to an already installed Windows 10?
    This utility might get you some better info, https://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...7-showkey.html

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 activation

1. Windows 10 activation - Similar Threads - activation

2. Activation error 0xC004F074

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation error 0xC004F074: I am receiving the error 0xC004F074 in regards to Windows 10 not being activated on my device. There are two problems with this: First, I have been using Windows 10 on this device for well over a year since getting the free upgrade, and I have never had the ghosted out...
  3. proper virtual machine licencing and activation

proper virtual machine licencing and activation: We're medium sized engineering business and would like to properly license the use of Windows (XP, 7 and 10) virtual machines. We will be using VMWare Workstation for our staff and they will need access to a pool of about 20 different VMs. The idea is that a staff member will...
  4. Activate my windows 10 education if administrator blocked the settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate my windows 10 education if administrator blocked the settings: Activate my windows 10 education if administrator blocked the settings i want to activate my windows 10 education but my administrator blocked it i need assistance...
  5. Windows 10 Home activation after hardware change + updating from 1809->1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home activation after hardware change + updating from 1809->1909: I installed a bunch of new hardware, including a Motherboard (But no new hard-drives), and was then prompted to re-activate Windows 10 Home after that was done. There was also a watermark in the bottom right of my screen, prompting me to activate. I decided to install drivers...
  6. activating windows after hardware install

activating windows after hardware install: I use the troubleshooter as guided too and can see my old build but it wont activate my license. I've tried talking to the bot on here and gives me the option to get a call back then that fails after submitting my phone number....
  7. Windows activation keys

Windows activation keys: can i use a windows 10 education license key to activate windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-keys/c4048a95-448a-4e32-ac61-8aecd0d3e2e8"
  8. Windows 10 activation issues (have pro version linked, home installed)

Windows 10 activation issues (have pro version linked, home installed): I have recently built my parents a new computer to be used a home desktop since the last one they had bricked itself irreversibly. However, since building the new computer and giving it a fresh Windows install it has windows 10 home installed. The problem is that the digital...
  9. having issues re-activating my windows 10 home desk top

having issues re-activating my windows 10 home desk top: don't have my digital/product key! got my desktop from Best buy store have access to my Microsoft account but tried most options and still can not activate it for some reason this is my Error code: 0xc004f012 is it me? or do i now have malware? have windows antivirus...
  10. Windows 10 Pro activation error

Windows 10 Pro activation error: Hello, I have build my new PC, and installed a Windows 10 Pro Fr. I have bought the Licence on Amazon. Unfortunately, it is impossible to activate Windows. I get in the Activation window the following error code: 0xC004C003 [ATTACH] Can you help me please?...